Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Vegetables: RickCorey_WA picture (Why I belong to this Forum:)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RickCorey_WA

In reply to: Why I belong to this Forum:

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
RickCorey_WA wrote:
I find that I make many passes with 1/4" screen. Dust goes through very quickly, so I dribble mix down a screen leaning at a 45 degree angle. What passes that way is WAY too fine, and I use it as soil amendment in a raised bed.

But some of what rolled off without passing through is still usable to me. So I'll re-screen it and see how much I can push through if I rub it until around half went through and half stayed back. Tedious! It motivates me to fin d the c leanest nuggets I can, even though shrfedded mulch pieces have better shapes.

That's why I wish I had some 1/8" mesh. I could do just 1 pass with the 1/4", then 1 pass with 1/8", be done. Use the 1/8 mesh to "get the dust out".

Here are some 1" chciken wire, 1/2 mesh and 1/4" mesh I used to screen some juniper brush I was chipping with a lwn mower.
The industrial steel shelving I use as support is great: 3/4 gaps.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America