Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Insect and Spider Identification: ajmarks picture (CLOSED: Baby roach?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ajmarks

Subject: CLOSED: Baby roach?

Forum: Insect and Spider Identification

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of CLOSED: Baby roach?
ajmarks wrote:
I can't for the life of me figure out what these are! I have found some FROZEN inside my freezer and squished some crawling on the insulation of the fridge and freezer. I have found a couple in my bathroom, on the floor near where the tile meets the bathtub. Last night however, I happened to go into my kitchen after already having turned lights off for the night and saw probably 10 scatter across the middle of the floor when I turned the light on! I also found two LARGE roaches last night, but neither were near the location of these bugs in the kitchen. My apartment complex sprayed for roaches about a month ago and I feel like these have been around since then.

The picture is one I caught using a trap of water and dishsoap in a shallow plate with a blackberry in the middle. It is the only one I caught :(

The bugs are tear drop shaped with two long antenae. Their back end is striped and the front part has a brown/tan color. The pic shows little pincher looking things at the tail end but these aren't really visible when you just look at them. They obviously have legs, but they don't stick out so you can see them when they walk which makes me think it isn't a tick.

ANY GUESSES???

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America