Photo by Melody

Seed Germination: warriorswisdomkathy picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Ok...update on what's sprouted: Salvia verticillata Alba, Lysimachia atropurpea, Veronica gentianoides Palida, (and Pam 4 of the 5 platys), Platycodon grandiflorus Dbl. Blue, Platycodon Miss Tilly, Platycodon Astra Blue, Platycodon Astra Pink.

Pam, that is an old book that I just pulled out of the Hort. cupboard the other day and was sitting on the table, great background huh..It's one of those eye candy books. So far I have 13 Penstemon palmerii sprouted. Started 12/30 and sprouted 1 /11. I'm thinking these will grow rather fast. The origional plant was put in as a quart pot in summer of 2011. Put in 3 and 2 got washed away a few weeks later in a deluge. Fortunately, 1 stayed with me..anyway this last summer was about 36"> at the base. And I still forgot to smell them, someone remind me come summer...lol!!!!!

Dome..I've also found some great buys on Amazon .com. Most I got from that site were $1-4 + $3.99 shipping.

Pix Penstemon palmerii close up, am thinking got to about 48"^

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America