Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: warriorswisdomkathy picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Ok...update on what's sprouted: Salvia verticillata Alba, Lysimachia atropurpea, Veronica gentianoides Palida, (and Pam 4 of the 5 platys), Platycodon grandiflorus Dbl. Blue, Platycodon Miss Tilly, Platycodon Astra Blue, Platycodon Astra Pink.

Pam, that is an old book that I just pulled out of the Hort. cupboard the other day and was sitting on the table, great background huh..It's one of those eye candy books. So far I have 13 Penstemon palmerii sprouted. Started 12/30 and sprouted 1 /11. I'm thinking these will grow rather fast. The origional plant was put in as a quart pot in summer of 2011. Put in 3 and 2 got washed away a few weeks later in a deluge. Fortunately, 1 stayed with me..anyway this last summer was about 36"> at the base. And I still forgot to smell them, someone remind me come summer...lol!!!!!

Dome..I've also found some great buys on Amazon .com. Most I got from that site were $1-4 + $3.99 shipping.

Pix Penstemon palmerii close up, am thinking got to about 48"^

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America