Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Vegetables: nancynursez637 picture (Raised Bed-treated or untreated wood-or something else?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nancynursez637

In reply to: Raised Bed-treated or untreated wood-or something else?

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Raised Bed-treated or untreated wood-or something else?
nancynursez637 wrote:
I have used dry stack cement, boulders, untreated woods, fir mostly (2 " thick and so far no rotting in the 8th year), and just dirt piled up and leveled off 4' wide and 12' long. works for me, and if you do not walk on it, the bed will hold its shape with just a little shape up at the beginning of the next garden year.

I use a home made broad fork to loosen the soil each year but do not turn the beds over to avoid messing with the worms and other activities going on in good organic soil. Each fall i add about 2 inches of compost and a could dozen worms to each bed,

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America