Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Plant Identification: gavengi picture (CLOSED: Need help with ID of two houseplants, and advice for care!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gavengi

In reply to: CLOSED: Need help with ID of two houseplants, and advice for care!

Forum: Plant Identification

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
gavengi wrote:
Thanks so much for your quick replies! I like this community already :)

@Diana_K: I think you're right about the variety! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Epipremnum_aureum_vine.jpg looks exactly like it, though you're right that the variegations are white rather than gold. I've made three cuttings as per your instructions, in case I can't save the main plant. May be difficult to see from the pictures but there should be as much stem in the water as you said. Do these pictures look okay?
For a deep soak/drain, should I keep it in the soil? Just fill the entire pot with water and drain?

@growin: I tried to get a better look at the stem bases, and I attached a picture here. I can certainly see roots at the top. This is likely my fault from when the plant was knocked over. I've tried to label how many stems there are but am probably missing some. There are quite a few. I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of what look like very new sprouts, as well, so maybe the plant can be saved? As you can see though, there isn't enough room to add any more soil. Should I completely remove the plant and soak it in water? And then completely re-pot it? If so, should I get new soil?

Thank you again for your help! It is greatly appreciated :)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America