Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Vegetables: MattBryant picture (Can't wait to try these Carolina Reaper pods!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MattBryant

Subject: Can't wait to try these Carolina Reaper pods!

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Can't wait to try these Carolina Reaper pods!
MattBryant wrote:
I got into growing super hot peppers last year and had great success so when I heard Pepper Joe's was selling seeds of the new hottest pepper in the world (Carolina Reaper) I was one of the first to order them online. Now super hots take a little longer to germinate then normal peppers so you have to be patient. If you plan on growing these use a seed germination mat, I bought one off Amazon.com for $24 that came with a kit and I started them in the Jiffy peat plugs. It took about 3 to 4 weeks for the seeds to germinate and I got great results, I ended up with 10 out of 12 seeds germinating. You just have to be patient. I see a lot of people that try to grow these types of peppers fail because they aren't doing any research. I have 4 plants under a Hydrofarm T5 grow light on a 16 hour light cycle. I have one in an experimental vermiponics grow system. It's growing in rock wool, I added in a few hundred composting worms along with veggie scraps every couple of weeks. I have a water basin in the bottom that's being oxygenated and creating a worm tea that nylon ropes absorb and draw up inside the rockwool. It's kicking butt right now. Here is a link to the seeds I purchased.

http://www.pepperjoe.com/shoppingcart/html/pepper.html

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America