Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: blomma picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright blomma

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
blomma wrote:
Pfg,
When I started Helianthus 3 years ago, I chilled the seeds. I put the pan of seeds in my garage for 2 weeks. If you have never grown this plant, give it lots of room. I didn't use Deno for them since the seeds are small. Didn't know then about sowing in peatmoss

The clump gets bigger each year. I started in February and it bloomed the first year. I moved it the following spring with my daughter's help and 2 fork spades. The roots grow large and deep. So plant it were it is to grow.

Below is the plant. It is 2 years old.I grow it next to the fence because it grow to 7 ft and need staking.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America