Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: warriorswisdomkathy picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Veronica spicata, 5-10 days, under lights
Veronica gentianoides, 9 days, " "
Baptisia australis (False Indigo), my Alba took 6 days
Baptisia australis " " " , (the blue didn't sprout and stuck in fridge, seed might not be viable not sure, or old), did a couple of years ago and sprouted in 15 days under lights
Penstemon x Mexicallee Psmyers, 9 days under lights
Penstemon palmerii, 13 days under lights
Penstemon (? a gift from a garden club member, only description, large pink flower), 11-12 days, under lights
Penstemon (neighbor's pink), 7 days under lights
Penstemon strictus 7-12 days
Linum perenne Blue Flax (perennial), under lights 27 days, also reseeds in the garden, if your's don't make it, let me know I have hundreds of plants as I've let them reseed as much as they want in the garden. Flowers late spring for approx. 4-6 weeks. Morning blooms and they either close or drop their petals and a gorgeous site if you have a patch of them. When they are done blooming let them drop their seed and then cut back. They last about 3 years before they get ucky, they I just yank them and let the others take over....soooo pretty.
Pix 1-3 flax, pix 2 all the open ground around this plant has been filled in with babies

Blomma..pretty pix, I have both maximillion and Lemon Queen (at my daughter's, I had planted it to hide their airconditioning unit til the trees grew up around it and they did, so it's come home to mama now...)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America