Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Seed Germination: warriorswisdomkathy picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Veronica spicata, 5-10 days, under lights
Veronica gentianoides, 9 days, " "
Baptisia australis (False Indigo), my Alba took 6 days
Baptisia australis " " " , (the blue didn't sprout and stuck in fridge, seed might not be viable not sure, or old), did a couple of years ago and sprouted in 15 days under lights
Penstemon x Mexicallee Psmyers, 9 days under lights
Penstemon palmerii, 13 days under lights
Penstemon (? a gift from a garden club member, only description, large pink flower), 11-12 days, under lights
Penstemon (neighbor's pink), 7 days under lights
Penstemon strictus 7-12 days
Linum perenne Blue Flax (perennial), under lights 27 days, also reseeds in the garden, if your's don't make it, let me know I have hundreds of plants as I've let them reseed as much as they want in the garden. Flowers late spring for approx. 4-6 weeks. Morning blooms and they either close or drop their petals and a gorgeous site if you have a patch of them. When they are done blooming let them drop their seed and then cut back. They last about 3 years before they get ucky, they I just yank them and let the others take over....soooo pretty.
Pix 1-3 flax, pix 2 all the open ground around this plant has been filled in with babies

Blomma..pretty pix, I have both maximillion and Lemon Queen (at my daughter's, I had planted it to hide their airconditioning unit til the trees grew up around it and they did, so it's come home to mama now...)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America