Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Seed Germination: Pfg picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013
Pfg wrote:
Blomma, where in Mass? I'm from Lexington... It's been years since I've been back...

I had a cold frame on LI. I loved it! It had a solar powered vent that opened when the temp got to 70 inside to keep the little darlings from cooking, and a bunch of water bottles that would heat up during the day and keep the temp up at night. I haven't figured out yet where to put one in CT. Meanwhile I use a mini-greenhouse. I hang a piece of Reemay behind the door and leave the zippers open, with clothespins so it doesn't blow wide open, and put a couple of 1/2 gallon jugs of water on the bottom shelf. In the spring I use it constantly to park and/ or harden off whatever can take it cool- perennials, snapdragons, eventually tomatoes...

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America