Photo by Melody

Seed Germination: blomma picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright blomma

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013
blomma wrote:
Pfg,
I lived in Gt Barrington for 20 years. Moved up from Long Island, NY where we rented.so didn't get into gardening. Didn't know what I was missing back then. LOL!

Holy Cow! You sure had a fancy coldframe. Are you sure that is what it was?.

I now have the same setup that you show above, including the cover. Bought it last spring from the Dollar Store to hold all my Daylily seedling.

Since I really needed a bunch of pots, I bought foam coffe pots from Walmart. That is what the daylilies are in. A screwdriver easily punches hold for drainage. I wash mine and reuse them. They take writing with a marker and Whiteout covers any writing. When I ship plants, that is what they come in. I prefer them over plastic for they insulate the roots and are light weight.

Below is mine with 156 seedlings in 2012 before warm enought to plant in the nursery.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America