Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Seed Germination: Pfg picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013
Pfg wrote:
Hmmmm.... What's wrong? I talked about the cold frame, no pics of that, then mentioned the mini- greenhouse, 2 pics of that from last year...

Thanks all for the info on the blinds. So 1" it is... They're not quite as cheap here, but DD got one in NJ in her neighborhood for 2.97.

Kathy, how long have you been working on this project? 5 acres is massive! I've seen pics of areas that look very established, you must have been at it for a while.

My main area is 2 or 3 acres, but the main landscaping is very established, and in some areas, very old. My challenge has been to clean it up and renew it after a long period of decline. Of course I want to add more variety and express my creativity as well, lol.
Pics 1-3 are from 2008. I was already busy with the Roundup.
Pic 4 is 2011, the section which was almost solid ferns, except for goldenrod, raspberries and whatever else could squeeze itself in there.
Pic 5 is last summer. The shrubs that had the bittersweet in them are halfway down on the right. This level is getting better, but still three levels more with lots left to work on...

This message was edited Jan 30, 2013 11:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America