Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: FlaFlower picture (CLOSED: 3 years no flowers?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright FlaFlower

Subject: CLOSED: 3 years no flowers?

Forum: Plant Identification

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of CLOSED: 3 years no flowers?
FlaFlower wrote:
I purchased this plant 3 years ago at a plant sale in a 4 inch pot.
Was told by the vendor it was a shade plant, but because of his thick accent I really didn't catch the name of it and there was no tag.
I didn't fret over it and took it home and planted it, for the most part it is really sturdy, except it won't bloom, it trys but fails to push out flowers every time.
The flower stalk/stem sets but then the plant abandons it before actual flowers emerge, this year it has gotten it's closest to actual flowering, I can see buds.
I am reserving my excitment for after this cold snap we will be having tonight, for this might be the end of the flower stem (??) so I went and took pics of what is actually there now, hoping some one might be able to help me ID it, a bit more difficult with out actual flowers,but I can still hold out hope.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America