Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Explaining Vegetable Families: Growing Brassicas (Cole Crops): wind picture (possible cancer fighting glucosinolates)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wind

In reply to: possible cancer fighting glucosinolates

Forum: Article: Explaining Vegetable Families: Growing Brassicas (Cole Crops)

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of possible cancer fighting glucosinolates
wind wrote:
...found my pic of our attempt at growing Brussels sprouts last season. I put the photos side by side of the beautiful before and then the unsightly after. I think we should probably have to tried netting over hoops to keep the buggers off. We used organic pesticide powder out of desperation, but as you can see it didn't work very well. You really need to reapply often for it to work. We generally don't like to use any pesticides - organic or not.

Anyhow, have a fun upcoming season and enjoy whatever nutritious Brassica plants you decide to grow and eat!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America