Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Vegetables: Ozark picture (OKRA, PART IV, 2013 Season)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Ozark

In reply to: OKRA, PART IV, 2013 Season

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of OKRA, PART IV, 2013 Season
Ozark wrote:
"I remember your posts from last year about how well your Zeebest did. Did you plant any other types of okra??"
-----------------------------

Nope. I've grown 10 or 12 different varieties of okra in past years, and Zeebest is so far "zee-best" in my opinion, I'll just concentrate on that one. In 2012 I had 33 Zeebest plants and no other okra, and production was so heavy it almost burned us out on okra. I'm going to plant seeds I saved from that one real good plant, and cut 'way back this year. We've still got lots of okra in the freezer and lots of jars of okra pickles also.

I think I'll only have about 4 plants this year. Zeebest plants are so multi-branched, that should be plenty.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America