Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Seed Germination: Pfg picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013
Pfg wrote:
I got Orlaya in a trade, forgot that I had also ordered it from Parks. My Ammi never got over 3'- maybe that's the difference between it and Daucus? Or maybe it's just local conditions. I don't have totally full blazing sun even in my hottest areas, and we almost never get more than a couple of weeks of really high temps in one stretch.

But speaking of seeds, you wouldn't have any more P palmerii, would you? I hate to ask, I can't believe it's been such a challenge for me! The last few seeds are doing nothing, but that was always a long shot, everything else germinated long before and got smothered one way or another before I learned what they want :(

My one Pp seedling is right in the middle of Pic 1.

Still waiting for Veronicas, Verbascums and a bunch of other stuff... Some got stratified and aren't due yet...

Everything else is doing fine- look how cute the little Alchemillas are! I just love them! And the Platys are moving along, I'll have plenty to plant when the time comes...

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America