Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: Pfg picture (Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Here goes... Pretreatment: Starting the first seeds for 2013
Pfg wrote:
Fence to fence flowers sound great!

Kathy, I did get vermiculite. It worked well for the Digitalis, just a light sprinkle. I put a dusting- less than 1/8" -around the Veronicas and Verbascums, and nothing has surfaced yet. I took more seeds of each the other day and did the Deno method.

The Verbascum Wedding Candles seed is from a volunteer plant from last summer. The parent (purchased) bloomed two years ago and vanished. Was I ever surprised to see it in the rock wall! Pic 1 is the secondary bloom, the first was just one long spike, pic 2. I have no idea where the roots found room... In this pic it's just above the lichen-covered rock near the bottom in the middle, sticking out sideways from left to right.

I still have more seeds of that, if you want some.

One of the Veronicas is a low-growing blue. I got it from Bluestone last summer, only 1 of 3 made it, but it was lovely and I'd like more. The other is Fairytale, a silvery pink from the robin, which is new for me. So I'll keep trying...

I actually have a lot of a Veronicas, if you want some: Sunny Border Blue, V incana Pure Silver, Icicle, Eveline, Romiley Purple, Red Fox.... I love them all.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America