Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Vegetables: JohnCrichton75 picture (Garlic planting time)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JohnCrichton75

In reply to: Garlic planting time

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Garlic planting time
JohnCrichton75 wrote:
Here's my garlic so far. I planted about five cloves in the lid from an "old smokey" bbq pit, plus a bunch more in a garden bed. I drilled a few holes in the bbq pit lid plus it already had some holes from the smoke ventilation. Some of the cloves did not germinate in the garden bed so I have gaps between some garlic plants. I should have replanted but never got around to it :( Anyway, how do they look thus far? I think I planted the cloves in Late November...I need to find my notes so I can't say for sure. Also, should I be feeding them anything?

p.s. garlic is in the foreground and I have onions way in the back (short-day sampler from Dixondale.)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America