Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Vegetables: JohnCrichton75 picture (Garlic planting time)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JohnCrichton75

In reply to: Garlic planting time

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
JohnCrichton75 wrote:
Here's my garlic so far. I planted about five cloves in the lid from an "old smokey" bbq pit, plus a bunch more in a garden bed. I drilled a few holes in the bbq pit lid plus it already had some holes from the smoke ventilation. Some of the cloves did not germinate in the garden bed so I have gaps between some garlic plants. I should have replanted but never got around to it :( Anyway, how do they look thus far? I think I planted the cloves in Late November...I need to find my notes so I can't say for sure. Also, should I be feeding them anything?

p.s. garlic is in the foreground and I have onions way in the back (short-day sampler from Dixondale.)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America