Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Insect and Spider Identification: begleysm picture (What made this type of... home?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright begleysm

Subject: What made this type of... home?

Forum: Insect and Spider Identification

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What made this type of... home?
begleysm wrote:
I was searching for the source of some ants in my kitchen and decided to remove a couple outlet covers to see if they were coming from one of them. The 1st one I popped open had the strangest stuff inside: a ton of little brown and black balls (along with the carcasses of a couple insect that appear to be very old). The balls that appear to be floating are actually caught in cobwebs.

I don't think this was done by a mouse or anything similar as the only entrances into that enclosure are about the diameter of my pinkie.

The outlet 18" away had nothing in it.

Any idea where this stuff came from or what it is?

Thanks,
Sean

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America