Photo by Melody

Beginner Vegetables: greenhouse_gal picture (Ditching My Soaker Hoses....Going Back To Sprinklers!!!!!!!!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright greenhouse_gal

In reply to: Ditching My Soaker Hoses....Going Back To Sprinklers!!!!!!!!

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Ditching My Soaker Hoses....Going Back To Sprinklers!!!!!!!!
greenhouse_gal wrote:
We haven't had great luck with soaker hoses. The water supply to our garden is untreated and full of iron and other minerals, and it clogs soaker hoses fairly quickly. The T-tapes work better for us. They are supposed to be replaced every year but we don't always do that, even though you're supposed to. Especially if we've run the tape under mulch it seems to last more than a year. We cut it to size for the length of our rows; some of ours are short, like eight feet, and others are more like twenty or so. And for the tomatoes, since we grow them in tripods, a plant to each pole, we run the tape up one side of the row and back down the other so they get more even moisture.

Here's a plan of our garden, so you can see what I'm talking about:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America