Photo by Melody

Beginner Vegetables: neilisyours picture (help. i've accidentally adopted squash plants in my NYC apt!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright neilisyours

Subject: help. i've accidentally adopted squash plants in my NYC apt!

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of help. i've accidentally adopted squash plants in my NYC apt!
neilisyours wrote:
Through some bizarre social circumstances on which I won't elaborate here, I've wound up with two little squash plants on the windowsill of my Manhattan apartment. I'm not sure how to proceed.

1. I cannot expect these plants to grow to maturity inside my high-rise apartment, right? Which means I need to figure out how to find them a home.

2. HOW should I care for them in the meantime? Pictures attached. Can you confirm that these are, in fact, squash?

It's important, due to the circumstances, that I don't just throw them out or let them die. I'm perfectly happy to give them care for the time being. I just have ZERO idea where to start! I have no gardening experience.

Your advice is appreciated! Thanks so much.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America