Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Gardening Questions: captKirkS picture (Water Worms or tragedy?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright captKirkS

Subject: Water Worms or tragedy?

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Water Worms or tragedy?
captKirkS wrote:
This morning I saw the most amazing site: hundreds of baby earth worms wiggling in a pool of water at the end of my driveway. We just had 2 days of torrential, non-stop rain that saturated the ground and usually sends worms onto the carport, seeking dry ground. I try to save them but they are usually so soggy, just touching them causes them to fall apart.

I'm assuming these baby worms rose to the top of the soil to escape the soaked ground and got washed into the gutter where the water accumulated. I've been trying to scoop up as many as I could and place them in the drying soil.

It just seems so strange that I sorta question my assumptions that these are worms that just got a bad deal from mother nature. I'm I correct?

This message was edited May 4, 2013 12:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America