Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Gardening Questions: SavvyDaze picture (When is a plant considered "established"?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SavvyDaze

In reply to: When is a plant considered "established"?

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of When is a plant considered "established"?
SavvyDaze wrote:
This was the 1st year I ever tried growing anything from seed. Although I kind of failed sowing directly into the ground (except for the Marigolds), I did grow some in peat pots under grow lights starting around Feb or March. Here is a picture of one success and one failure. My successful Cosmo is on the right side of the mailbox and my failure (sort of) is on the left. Can you guess as to which Cosmo I pinched and which one I didn't? LOL

WeeNel, I understood what you and Diana meant regarding adding humus into the soil. I just get confused when I hear people say to mulch around annuals that reseed each year. However, you explained that it can still reseed when it comes in contact with the mulch. I do the humus adding and mulching to the perennial beds :-) And from now on, I will do it for my seeds, too.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America