Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Vegetables: lindasch100 picture (A spaghetti squash of a different color...)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lindasch100

In reply to: A spaghetti squash of a different color...

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A spaghetti squash of a different color...
lindasch100 wrote:
I know these green SS! Last year I wanted SS in the worst way. I planted seeds and then bought a seedling 6-pack from a community college sale. A funny person had put in 5 SS and one pumpkin. I was so puzzled at the odd SS. Turns out pumpkin and SS cross pollinate like mad. I had a whole range of green, or striped, or spotted, white and gold SS. Some had threads inside like normal SS, some were more creamy. All were edible and good. Now this year I did not plant any pumpkin, but I have some volunteers from last year, so here we go again!
Here are pics of some of my crosses, all from the same plant.
Gardening is so interesting!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America