Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Vegetables: luisafernanda picture (A spaghetti squash of a different color...)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright luisafernanda

In reply to: A spaghetti squash of a different color...

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A spaghetti squash of a different color...
luisafernanda wrote:
I'm so glad I found this thread! I, too, have green spaghetti squash like some of the ones shown above...except mine were all planted from a packet of Burpee seeds (it says Winter squash, Vegetable Spaghetti), which shows a ripe, solid-color bright yellow squash on the front. Every single one of mine looks like the photos I've attached, green with darker or lighter stripes and mottling. The plants have a bush-type habit rather than the long vines I usually get with squash and pumpkins. I am wondering how I will know when these are ripe, i.e., will they turn bright yellow? It looks like some of the larger ones are starting to turn a little yellow, but they still have the very noticeable stripes and mottled look. (BTW, I do have acorn squash planted as well, but not in the same bed, and I have hand pollinated all of the spaghetti squash, so I don't think it's a cross-pollination scenario.)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America