Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Introduction to Yuccas: Redflower False Yucca, Red Yucca Hespera

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Yuccas
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to YuccasReplies: 0, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tvksi
Paris, TX
(Zone 7b)

June 10, 2009
1:42 AM

Post #6666169

In 2003 Victoria sent me 3 seeds and directions to sprout . One of them survived and I planted it in a sunny sandy loam area. It has not done well, mainly because in the past 3 years I have been in and out of hospital and no one to protect it from invading ground cover.

It is only about 10 inches tall now and pitifully sparce, having broken off some of its straps trying to locate it among the Asiatic jasmine. I prize that plant so much and wish to make up for the neglect. Any suggestions? Would it do better in a large container of cactus soil?
Appreciate.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Yuccas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Can you help me determine what kind of Yucca I have? Procrastinator 3 Jun 9, 2009 3:53 AM
Good article lortay 0 Jun 8, 2009 8:46 AM
Yuccas Agavaceas Dracaenas Cordyline Noturf 0 Jun 8, 2009 10:14 AM
silversword relative? aulani61 1 Jun 8, 2009 2:16 PM
Yucca Plant PFB 2 Jun 8, 2009 2:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America