Aztec Gold

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Has anyone had any success at keeping Aztec Gold compact? I would like to find a small one that I can keep potted, but I have read,and seen, that they tend to get tall and leggy, and I just don't have room for any more in the ground.

(Zone 10b)

AG is tall and leggy. Try a Dwarf one like Dwarf Singapore White for a container.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Clare, thank you for the response!
Carol

(Zone 10b)

Here's a flower on Aztec Gold today. I'm probably the only one that feels this way, and I'll probably be chastised for saying this, but the peach fragrance doesn't really excite me that much. Maybe it's because I had a peach tree where I used to live for the last six years and could smell a peach if I wanted to. It's a nice flower though.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

I like the flower more than the scent - but it is nice.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

I found a small one, a "Y" in a one gallon pot. Hopefully, I can control it. I have a peach tree also, but if my tomatoes are any indication, the mockingbirds will get to the peaches before I do!
Carol

Tucson, AZ

you're going into a battle you will not win! :D like clare said, i'd recommend a dwarf if space is an issue.

my aztec gold is in the ground. it is already tall and lanky. however, i did discover that i can slow down the vegetative growth by not watering too much.

good luck...

Mulberry, FL

I bought a large on that they let grow wild I pulled it toegther and staked it today you would not know it was the same one. As far as the scent I am a peach lover so I am big on the scent I too have peach trees love there blossoms too. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.