Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-Z: aloes with yellow-orange leaves

Communities > Forums > Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-Z
bookmark
Forum: Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-ZReplies: 1, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gaberoo
Miami, FL

June 13, 2009
3:12 PM

Post #6682065

Hi all,

Back in 2004 I visited the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, AZ and saw the most unusual aloe with yellow-orange leaves. I wrote down the name and took pics, but as usual when it is something one really likes, I can't find the name nor the pics. Could someone help with identifying this aloe? Oh, the plants looked quite healthy so I think this was their true color (as opposed to a manifestation of disease). Thanks.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #6684353

Many aloes if stressed enough will develop unusual colored leaves, from red to orange to yellow, to grey,purple etc. However, rarely is that the NORMAL color of the leaves, and color is rarely an important point of identication of an aloe, just for that reason.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 4 of 5: Aloes S-Z Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wow! KyWoods 3 Jan 5, 2008 6:39 PM
Geoff - we need to move! Dea 0 Jan 5, 2008 8:41 PM
A wonderful plant but difficult to weed 35811 0 Jan 7, 2008 8:14 PM
Aloe Walmsley? OutdoorCactusBob 1 Oct 19, 2008 2:49 AM
Is this a young aloe vaombe? juper 2 Apr 13, 2010 8:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America