Old boots and old blinds get new life

Tamworth, NH(Zone 4b)

I had a pair of "Northerner" brand waterproof boots that I used for barn chores. They are almost knee high. Not fancy, and they only cost about $19 at Tractor Supply to start with. After over a year of use, one boot finally developed a crack at the back, about 2 inches above the heel, right at a stress point. So, I got out a pair of scissors, and cut both boots down to make clogs. My old garden clogs had worn out and I'd been putting off spending the money for new ones. Now I have a "new" pair and didn't have to buy them. Not bad for the original $19 spent.

I also have a pair of mini-blinds that had seen better days and needed to be replaced. I can make plant tags out of the slats, and probably save quite a bit of the cord. And the rod that you twist to change the angle of the slats can be put to use as a small stake for supporting plants.

Crossville, TN

You really saved money! Jo

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

How smart are you. Way to go.

Janet

Winterville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have done the same thing with the mini blinds cutting up the slats for plant tags and using the wand as a stake, but I used the cord to restring my two windchimes. :-)

Good going on the boots, too.

Tamworth, NH(Zone 4b)

Frausnow - good idea on the windchimes. I have a windchime where the original cord weathered and finally broke, so now I have the cord to fix it!

Clay Center, KS(Zone 5b)

I think you've done a good job on the midwest farmer's motto "Wear it out, Use it Up!"

Flagler Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

this was excellent advice, thanks for the mini blind idea, just threw some away , but will keep the rest of them. Thanks galles !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images