-
AuthorContent
WigglyPaw
Hastings, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 15, 2009
12:51 AM

Post #6687772

My DH Lou walked into the kitchen and thank GOD he is such a supportive man. There was a TON
of wet fluffly coir on the floor with hundreds of rose petals, stems, thorns, scrapings, labels, twist ties,
bottles of alcohol, different scissors, 14 bowls, huge dog bowls of water heating in the microwave,
after I cooked the coir in the microwave. I had little green stem water keepers with their pop tops
popped off all over the place, those suckers are HARD to get off!!! LOL.

I had sepals, and sequins, swags and drags, dregs and offal. It was scary. When DH saw me soaking
the scissors in the alcohol bottle, he left the room with a very worried look on his face.

I think I can get a job in the operating room now as a scrub nurse, for transplants.

My cuttings are all tucked in to a large hanging basket and topped off with chicken oyster grit,
and looking marvelous. Please grow. Thats all I am going to say. I have them on the barn
floor by the slider door, with a few boxes of cuttings that I have done, they are happy there,
get cool breezes, some bit of about an hour of sun, and indirect bright light, and they are
enough in my way that I cannot ignore them. : )))

With my chickens penned up now, I can do many things. Like, grow a garden for instance.

I just want to tell EVERYONE here, how helpful you all are, how considerate and caring and
SHARING. Thank GOD for gardeners and groups of rose lovers like you guys. The world
is a better place with all of us in it.

Sheri and her VERY patient family

BajaBlue

BajaBlue
Rancho Santa Rita, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2009
4:29 AM

Post #6688689

Sheri dahlin

Thanks for making me laugh so late thi snite!

I will be rootin (get it? rootin) for you and those roses. What type are you rooting?
WigglyPaw
Hastings, MI
(Zone 5b)

June 15, 2009
1:12 PM

Post #6689562

OK a fellow friend to commiserate with me.

I am rootin for my rootin's they are all zone 4 ish .

Yantai
The fairy
Josephs coat and hat
Baby Katie
sixteen candles
caldwell pink
autumn sunset
christopher marlowe
sophys rose
liven easy
overnight scentsation
red cascade
and a few others. I have the names out in the barn.

thank you for asking me about my cuttings. I am so proud and honoured to have
this chance to grow some roses. If any die, I will be so devastated. Therefore,
I have told them they may not die.

sheri
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9173563

I've been using Seedpicker's instructions on rooting roses and came across this post. I really would love to know if your roses grew. If you are still on here. Thanks,
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 21, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9173992

What a good list. I'll second the motion to find out how your rooting adventure went!

Txtea

Txtea
Fabens, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 3, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9191474

I also would like to know how this turned out. I have read even printed out all the instructions he gave. Have now gotten all the products to try it myself. With all fingers crossed hope to have some luck.
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9191497

Textea, let us know how you do. I got the equipment etc, just have to get started. Seems like there is a never ending stuff to do this time of year. Too bad we can't do some of it in the winter. LOL

Txtea

Txtea
Fabens, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 3, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #9191840

Jnette, I am ready to go finished (cooking coir) this afternoon, containers are clean, superthrive sitting on the counter. Will start taking cuttings in AM if it is not raining, and do we need the rain. Over 4 in behind only 1 in all this year. I will be happy so happy if all goes well. Good luck to you also, let us hear how it also goes with you. Best of gardening, Txtea
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9192080

I'm not quite ready yet, and it seems to rain buckets every time I step outside the door. Don't know how it knows when I am heading out there but it does. So you are ahead of me. Yes, I will let you know. How many are you going to start? And what kind of containers?

Txtea

Txtea
Fabens, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 3, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9192136

'm am going for 10 or 15 to start with. I am only going to try Mini's reasoning is that is 99% of my roses. (150+). Only going to try three types this first go around. Willbe using 2 liter soda bottles. Send some of your rain my way needed in the worst way. The drought is worst it's been for 60 years.
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9192708

I feel so bad about everyone with your kind of weather. I guess Idaho and Washington, other than southern Idaho, are the only 2 states that don't have triple digit tempertures, and we will barely get 72 today. It has been raining all "spring". Might get up into the 90s next week. So, we go from cold to hot. No in between.

I would love to send you "some" of our rain, but only some. I would not like your heat and drought either. This is only July 4th. You all have a long way to go. So sorry.

Txtea

Txtea
Fabens, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 4, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #9193140

Thanks for your offer of "some" rain needed very much. Well I got 10 cutting done today with the help of the garden Angles I might have some luck. Time will tell, and I know when your waiting for something it move very slowley.
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9193291

OMG, I waited for 2 months for shoots from my Elephant Ear bulb I had wintered over, and I had 3 of them up with the leaves just starting to unroll, about 4 inches tall, and my dog chewed them off!!!! That's what I get for waiting and watching.

This morning I went out to check on my tomato plants and in the garlic bed I had planted last October and was planning on harvesting next month, all of them were gone but 6 on one end. The moles, voles, or whatever had gotten them all. They'll probably do the last 6 tonight.

These animals are getting the best of me.

Txtea

Txtea
Fabens, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 4, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9193412

Sorry to hear about you bad luck. Now my kids are grown I only have birds for pets. My little grandson loves dogs an my son say's Dad get a dog for him to play with. I told him nope I did all that with you Dogs, rabbits ( would still like a couple of them great for the soil) chickens, goats,pigs ect. I just don't have the get up and go to take care of somuch anymore. Hope your mole gopher takes off and leaves you alone.
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2012
10:42 PM

Post #9193497

What? No dog? Oh come one. Get the little guy a dog. Is your grandson around much to take care of it, play with it, or anything? If not, that's one thing. If he is, he needs a dog.

Now, I would love to have rabbits just for the garden. Can't beat that for fertilizer.

Yeah, I sure hope I still have a few garlics left tomorrow.

The fireworks are still going on. Have another hour of them.
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2012
9:09 PM

Post #9196037

WigglyPaw, I commend you on some great work ! I have 3 going, and plan to have more soon. The 3 that are doing so well took so little time and trouble, I don't know why I haven't tried my hand at this before now.
'Wishing you all success on all your "rootin" :) !! I know it is time and effort well spent !

Thumbnail by scottishgent
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Txtea

Txtea
Fabens, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 7, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9196768

Scottishgent, I also congratulate you on your success, I hope I have the same results.
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9197096

What method do you use to start them Scottish Gent? That rose is beautiful.

I am so far behind on all of my work and just worn out. I still don't have my roses started. I will do that soon however.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America