Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

DG Journals and Diaries: What does Add Milestone mean?

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 2, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
friendofcat
Seattle, WA

June 15, 2009
7:29 PM

Post #6691477

I have just started my jounal. Need all the help I can get. What does Add Milestone mean?

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 11:31 AM
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2009
12:10 AM

Post #6692718

A milestone is whatever you want to make it--many people make milestones for seed germination, bloom times, etc but you could make them for other things if you wanted. Once you've created a name for a milestone ("started blooming" for example), then you can go into any of the plants in your journal and add a "started blooming" milestone on the date that plant started to bloom.
cedar18
Lula, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2009
2:52 PM

Post #6731708

friend, thought I'd share how I've done it. I use it, as ecrane3 said, to mark "blooming begun". I also added milestones for "cut back". The only problem with making it a milestone instead of just a regular entry is that you can't add a pic. The good thing is that the milestones appear together and you can see the first bloom date for the plant for several years.

I've begun using my journal heavily. I suggest you look at several people's journals to get an idea of how you'd best like to use this great tool.

There are so many ways to use it... Good luck!

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America