Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

New Pump

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Ok I bought a new pump. The pond is about 450 gals or so. I have a 800gph pump and frankly I think it moves the water like a hurricane. So I decided to buy something smaller. I got one that is 300 gph.
The next one up was 650 but it wasn't made right to use with the filter box I bought. Will 300 be enough? I figure I can clean the filter out more often if needed, and be careful not to overstock my fish. I have 13 goldfish in it and I don't plan on any more. In fact might move some of those out later to another pond, one that doesn't exist yet lol.........

I bought a Little Giant, are those a good brand?

I bought a filter box, it is about 12x 18 and has two layers of filter pad in it with a top over it. Then I got a bubble discharge thingie that cost me $25!!! wowzers, I had to plop down $145 bucks just to walk out with all that stuff

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Ok so I hooked all this money up lol and I LOVE it!
It moves the water nicely, makes a calm splashy water sound, not to gushy and not too tinkelly...
I just hope it will be large enough to keep it clean...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.