I have finally gotten a tractor.LOL

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Its a 1940 something Allis Chalmers but runs and works good.
Hubby thinks its a hoot. So its bright orange, I love it.And it was a lot cheaper than a new one.

Can't wait to get in the field this week end.

Lavina

This message was edited Jun 18, 2009 5:21 PM

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I learned to drive on an AC WD40, had a hand clutch and a pretty good turning radius - got myself into lots of trouble on that little tractor!

Waddy, KY

We still run all AC's. WD45, 2 WD's, 170 and 6080. We have another CA and a 175 that DH has to put back together. I think my BIL at last count had around 50 of them. He's a true collector...

Richmond, TX

We still have our first tractor an AC D14, plan to run her forever.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I had an old WD years ago. It had hand clutch & also hand brakes if I remember right.
I now own a 1952 Farmall Super "C" & a 1962 John Deere "2010". We use both of them daily.
Beats having a big bank payment for a new tractor!
Bernie

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Where can I find out how old Allis is? and where is the serial number located so I don't have to look so hard.

Lavina

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

Look here

http://www.antiquetractorstore.com/cgi-bin/sn_guide.cgi?mf=AC

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

can you post some piks? I'd love to see it!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I will try AND POST PICTURES SOON, I have and old lap top I am on right now . Got a new PC and discovered it has no way to post pictures yet so gotta down load adobe photo shop. LOL
Will try to get it posted soon.

Lavina

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Where do I look for the serial number? Can anyone tell me?

Lavina

Richmond, TX

On my Allis D14 the tractor serial number is on the front end of the left side of the torque tube. On mine it is a seven digit number starting D14.The engine serial number is above it back of the carburetor. It is an eight digit number. Hope that helps.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Lavina, also look on the left brake housing, some years were there, possibly 50's and early 60's.

As for posting pics, you shouldn't need photo shop, just down load your pics and save them to a file, then load them to DG from that file.

Congrats on the tractor! You'll love it!

Shoe

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I went thru the list . My number on the tractor is E-73244.
Its not on the tractor list for Allis.
Oh well. I took pictures today and will get them downloaded tomorrow.
Found A-291617 listed on the engine housing.

Thanks for helping you all.

Lavina

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Shoe I have the worst luck, Download pictures to the computer. Says disc had a virus and my new puter has crashed. I am at work now so GRRRRRR

Will try again later this week .

Lavina

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Aww, bummer, sorry to hear that, Lavina. Hope you get it up and running soon. Since it is new I also hope whatever anti-virus program that came with it gets checked out. I wouldn't think you should have to pay for damage if it wasn't set up properly.

Shoe

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Finally got new computer and pictues to work.Yeah now to buy cable to hook to camera so I can download directly from the camera.

See Allis and the fat lady.
Still can't find out how old she is.

Lavina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images