Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Almost done dyi water garden

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Just a few more steps and my small water garden will be done.
Mostly landscaping and finishing the rocks.
I just love it and want a biggg one now.....LOL

Thumbnail by happgarden
Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

It looks great! I have the same problem ... I had one small pond, then wanted a bigger one, so I put a bigger one in. Now I want an even bigger one, but my hubby said the dogs won't have anywhere to do their business if I dig anymore yard up for a pond.

I don't have that problem, I have too much land and not enough money...LOL
Have you ever seen the one on Paul James's Gardening by the yard? Love the way that waterfall splits in two.
Oh well, just be happy for this one to be completely done. I sure love sitting by it.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Niceeeee!!!
Plants are coming along very well too!
Have any fish in her?

Yes, too many fish. Went to the bait shop down the road and got a beautiful white fish with long fins, at least 2 koi's (small), and 4 other fish I don't know what they are. Then there was some hanky panky cause I ended up with little fish. Had a black fish but he is slowly turning gold and a gold and white fish. Love them, love to feed them. They have over wintered just fine with a heater to keep the ice open.

I over wintered a couple of the plants in my garden room. Worked out pretty good.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Keep that up,and your going to need a fish breeders license!!!LOL
Then a hatchery License,and just think of all the taxes you'll have to pay!!!!!LOL

Dang there just isn't any end to it is there...LOL

The Koi were given to me, I would of never purchased them cause the garden is way too small for that.

Do you have a pond? Big pond?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

No I have 2 small ponds,with fish in both also,and they eat my lotus plants to pieces,Thats why I asked you if you had fish,your louts looked so gooD!

Interesting. Maybe because my lotus is up in the shallows of the pond? I have seen the fish nibble on the water iris roots that hang down more than anything. Maybe they will eat the lotus as the fish get bigger?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes they love the roots.
I can't get them to overwinter,because my pond never freezes over,they munch all the time.

I am so excited I have a bud coming on my lotus, first one I have ever had.
Tropicman, maybe my fish don't bother the lotus roots because of the jagged edges of my pot? My husband had several new oil drainage black things and I cut the top out and it made a great lotus pot. Course where I cut the pot it is pretty ruff and there isn't much water over the lotus roots....Just a thought.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Congrats on the lotus bud,still waiting here for mine!
Well lets hope they don't discover the lotus tubers!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.