Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: LA CAFE DE Desperate Gardeners Releiving Stress and Bordeom!

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 147, Views: 662
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2009
12:35 PM

Post #6718207

As we open a new the theme song JAWS is playing... dun dun dun dun dun dun du! PA PAP PA PAHHHHH!!!

Last we left our characters, someone was handing old Blossom here some cucumbers for her bleary eyes as some one un-named smacked her in the face with a mud pie!

Tune in now for a fresh cupppa and some refreshments as we continue the saga of Desperate Gardeners Releiving Stress and Bordeom.

Enter now our new Cafe!

(sound... sqeeeeky door opening...)

We see Cap't Crunch and Cap't Toneal are having a debate...Can you really have your cake and eat it too one sez to the other...

Well, my Zany mate, just look at yer jaws...

SA-lurrrrp!

Hehehe.. Happy belated birthday... betchya thought I forgot!

Well mate, looks like we need to go fishing in Kerosene Creek!

Slurp-prizeth!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Click the image for an enlarged view.

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

June 22, 2009
9:28 PM

Post #6724564

you know if you fish by the hottest of the springs you can catch your fish already cooked...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2009
2:58 AM

Post #6725971

Oh yum that sounds like a plan.

(Meanwhile outside the La Cafe de...there appears to be a croud gathering...)

Pah pah pa PAAAAAA. DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Me thinks I will throw you the line! Whose line is it?

Anyway! Do ya think we ought to have a HOE DOWN?

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

June 23, 2009
8:32 AM

Post #6726465

I asked the chaps at work if there were second hand garden tool shops on Manchester St...
(our local red light 'district')
when they asked what I meant I commented that I had heard it was where you find dirty hoes...
they are still shaking their heads.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2009
11:05 AM

Post #6726601

Well, I met haighrs cheap hoe in the sunflower patch and she said she was a direct twin.

I am still shaking my head!!! LOL

Well, wonder if they will come! I got a dirty hoe back in the woodshed. Really need to clean 'er up. SHe is a wee tad rusty. But rarely used. And oldie but a goodie. Stands on the corner just fine.

I probably ought to make her work the tater patch.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 23, 2009
3:56 PM

Post #6727506

Hello Blossom, ... dalfyre!

Lovely cafe', coffee please!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2009
4:38 PM

Post #6727656

Hi terri! Meet BLOOMERS! She will be your waitress. Shes haighrs's Cheap Hoes 4th cousin once removed. Haighr does not even know they are related!

Here is your tea list. It has 200 plus one flavours just especially for the chaps and chicks doing tea time. Sorry for the wait, man this new place is getting crouded! We never expected it to go over!

Um, you can hang up your hoe on that hook by your table or there is a spot to lay her down just over yonder. Most folks seem to like the hangers, but some do really prefer the hoe down.

Ok, well, I thought I saw Zany! She got a surprize birthday cake when she walked in and the belated bash started!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 23, 2009
10:24 PM

Post #6728883

Do you deliver? Please may I have my slice of Birthday cake to go. Thanks!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2009
3:15 AM

Post #6730207

Bloomers says she can wrap it to go...and wants to know if you would like a latte de coffee with it?

Pa pa pa paaaah! DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN!

Oh there goes that dang Jaws theme again! LOL! seems to be stuck!

And whom and where are we delivering? She will twitch her nose and it will get there in a heartbeat or less!!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

June 24, 2009
7:44 AM

Post #6730859

I wish I had the theme from Jaws in my head today -
instead I had the 'Uncle' song from the Southpark movie!
Not something you want to sing out loud in an RSA :0
My 'boys' would be shocked.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2009
1:20 PM

Post #6731371

Doncha just hate it when the voices in your head are just a bit daft!!!

Well, looks to be a hot one again. I just took care of the critters and now I am trying to put my feet up for a little bit.

Well, the tune from Jaws aint all that bad until the suspence part scars ya...
Do Do Do

Pa pa pa PAAAAH!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2009
6:31 PM

Post #6732764

Hey, where did everybody go? Darnit Jaws, you emptied the place out again.

Well, Bloomers, lets say you and me go over to Belles, deliver her a pile of dayliles and see if she has any pank raspberry lemonade. Im out again.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

June 25, 2009
11:40 AM

Post #6735871

Hey y'all. Wow, sorry I'm late. Been busy sloppin' paint around, taming monkeys, well actually, contracters. Thought I was going to hafta neuter them at first, but couldn't find my snips, so I had to settle it with a rolled up newspaper. Sheesh, they ain't so bright or stubborn, one or the other. But they do understand a pop on the nose. After that, I didn't have to watch my tools like a hawk and I could finally get some work done, swing over here and whip up a few wicked concoctions for y'all.

Well holy crap, now I have Cartman singing Kyle's Mom's song croaking around in my head. Thanks Dalfyre. Thanks so much lol D'hoo

So, what can I getcha?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #6736558

WoW, I was just about to leave over to Belles...Didja bring any raspbery lemonade?

Bloomers here will take one of your surprize concoctions.

I was busy inventorubg todays bloomers and Well, I hope the new additions please terri.

So the monkeys are acting up? Doncha just hate that. We have yet to ever have a pack of them we could leave to do and trust. Always had to watch them like hawks. The derned flyby nites are the worsts!

I finally fixed the jukebox and now we got more music than Jaws. I thing the OO7 theme is up next or the them from Goldfinger. Everytime I hear that I see the fat man flying out of the winder of the airplane!! ye-aaaah!!!! Oh and that mad man with the teeth.. what was his name? Jeez, memory fails me!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #6736634

Oh and here Geek, Bloomers brought this hanging basket for you it has petunias and variagated gingermint in it.

Dang is it a hotty today. Been draggin my wagon and hoses to water.

Yep, its the Goldfinger theme...

And here is a fresh roll of newspaper to swat the monkeys for you again. You tame them girl.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

June 25, 2009
4:41 PM

Post #6737176

hi
been buiess
have not made any thing
been keeping up with the animal
graden
and hb
still working
o and got a year older
lol lol
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2009
2:41 AM

Post #6739724

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN Dun

Pa pa pa paaaaaaaaaaah!

Here ya go elle, Happy Birthday, here is a nice peice of Chocolate moose cake!

Hey we missed you! Glad to have you back!

Hey, someone wanna kick that Juke and get the Goldfinger theme back on.. sheeesh, that JAWS theme keeps sneaking back on.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

June 26, 2009
1:02 PM

Post #6740812

Elle!!! Glad to see ya back. Happy birthday gal. Hugs. Here, I made you a very special brew. The flavor changes everytime you want it to. Lemonade one sip, watermelon the next. Enjoy.

Thanks blossom. The fleurs are right purdy. Love that varigation.

Whump! There, the jukebox is fixed. lol

Yeah, fly-by-nighters ARE the worst for having to fix their messes. Then, the clients follow me around with a magnifying glass. I should put a bumper sticker on my @$$ that reads :if you can read this, you are following too close. Sheesh! lol
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #6740825

I got one on my forehead..wont tell ya what it says but its similiar.. think in reverse! Seems I got a knack of running into buttholes that just gotta have there way with me.

Well shoot ma, time for a hoe down.

Danggggg hot today, gonna be woorse.

Gimme some of that brew you got their neighbor!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

June 26, 2009
9:25 PM

Post #6742609

hi all
love the message
this heat is kill me
hot tea and cake is fine with me
i will try and write soon
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2009
11:51 PM

Post #6743088

Happy Birthday Elle. It is going to get hot here too - expecting 105 degrees over the weekend.
I have been bringing out these birthday candles lately for everyone's birthday - so here it is for you too! Make a wish and blow them out!

Thumbnail by soilsandup

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 27, 2009
3:56 PM

Post #6745445

Happy Birthday elle!

Thumbnail by terriculture

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

June 27, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6745597

hi all
you all are so nice
to this old gal
it suppoes to cool off this coming week
i work a lot this coming three week
the need is there
if i can hold up
i love my work
but it is hard
but i love my people
some one make me a cool picture for i can print it
up and take to show them
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 27, 2009
7:00 PM

Post #6746028

Happy Birhday elle!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

June 28, 2009
3:50 PM

Post #6749302

hi terri
ty for the picture
it cooling off a little here
not doing much beside working
when it get cooler i going to start
makeing thing again
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #6751772

I need to find Geek. One of her python friends has been ignoring my NO SNAKES ALLOWED sign and going into my territory where it it is definitely not welcome. Derned thing was 5 foot long if a day and has dark brown and brown spots on its topside then he gets yellowish and spotted.. ICK anyway, its gotta go before it causes a panick attack amongst the natives and they desert the island here. That rasqual can take all the sparrows it wants as hostage, I dont care, but stay out of the critter house.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

June 29, 2009
12:41 PM

Post #6752980

That be a ratsnake Blossom. It eats mostly rodents, taking out an entire nest in one sitting when the notion hits. I'll have a word with him, advise him to wear an invisibility cloak. If you have snakes, then you definitely have rodents. I don't know which would be worse for customers to see.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 29, 2009
2:57 PM

Post #6753573

RATS!!!!!! run for it...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2009
2:45 AM

Post #6756666

Well, I prefer to see neither. I know we got voles. Them pesky critters are tunneling everywhere. But your buddy definitely made my lucky drawers brown so I am heading to the laundry room. I just hope he dont have a grandad. But if them bad boys get the meeces, fine. Do it quick and be gone to the neighbors. They got more I am sure. So take the ratpack party and git!!! Holy Crappers Batman.. git git git!!!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2009
3:09 AM

Post #6756781

Soz, terri, hows the construction at the new Belles going? If you dont build it no one can come you know!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2009
6:09 PM

Post #6759324

Good thing I got here to the rescue of them voles. You know if you pee down the holes of voles they will go elsewhere? So everyone the john is tem closed, you gotta find the vole holes.
Hey elle, sorry I missed your party, that is me always a day late and dollar short. So much to keep up with all these new cafe's springin up.
Second or 4th. cousin, oh don't tell cheap hoe, she isn't much for mingling with relatives anyway, makes her nervous that they want to move in or something.
Glad I stopped by the new place here, seems odd there is no beverage bar, you know the tipsy sort? Has everyone gone on the wagon here???
I'll stop back when I get a chance, gotta go work on the voles and then "get the hole back to work"!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2009
8:47 PM

Post #6760010

LOL!!!

Well, the Cheap Hoe does not have to worry. Bloomers aint moving at all, shes a lil stiff if ya know what I mean. Board silly if ya ask me!

Well if you want tipsy, Geeks got the bar as usual. Right now I think she is still having a talk with that sneaky snake and well, I am still looking for coma girl to give me back my drawers. Have you seen terri?

Love your blooms in the June issue! WOW! Gorgeous!

Hmmm peaing on the voles holes eh? Well, that be easier said than done for a lady of my stature! LOL!

Well, looks like rain and looks like I burned up a belt on the mower. dangnabit.. never a summer goes by without me frying one or two. I wonder if I can get the thing changed myself and not tell the hub! LOL.. NOT. awwww shooot!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 1, 2009
12:16 AM

Post #6760764

I heard Geeks on strike!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2009
12:19 AM

Post #6760777

You meeean shes streaking ttttooo???

Hey wha-airs mmmmmy ttttowel?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 1, 2009
12:25 PM

Post #6762733

I think we should re-name this place Blossom's Bloomers. lol

OK, all snakes now wear invisibility cloaks. So no more brown moments Blossom. lol

Candee, I saved something for ya. hehehe Bombs away!

Terri, how's the kiddo? Enjoying summer break?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2009
3:38 AM

Post #6766569

Well, thanky Geek, um BTW, your dinner is served...we got breaded chicken, breaded pork, BBQ beans, and mashed dill taters and grrravy! And dont forget the salad bar!

Let Bloomers get that for you too!

Herre you go, the main course...

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 9:41 PM

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2009
3:48 AM

Post #6766617

Bloomers: Here ya go Geek, fresh brocoli, creamery cole slaw, leaf salad with cherry maters and blue cheese dressing just like you like it. Sorry we were out of cottage cheese though. Things are cleaning out of here tonight fast. Well, must be off to the next table, have a great evening!

Umm, I think terri has your drinks.

Hey terri, you wanna kick milky Joe in gear and get Geek her special (_)? ??!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2009
3:51 AM

Post #6766627

Bloomers: Ooooops almost forgot your special side order of tern eggs. Fresh from the garden!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 2, 2009
12:14 PM

Post #6767351

Yummers!!! Why thank you kindly Bloomers. It all looks as delicious as it tastes. Love the special side too. Think I'll hatch a few for my catch a nd release program.
Here, I left you a tip: tickets to the opera. You and Madame Woodsy deserve a night off after pulling double duty at two cafes.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 2, 2009
3:01 PM

Post #6767976

Milk shakes anyone? gotta be quick...

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 2, 2009
5:33 PM

Post #6768619

ahhhhhhhhhhhh...that hit the spot. Thanks Terri.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 3, 2009
6:09 PM

Post #6773084

hi
one for me please
got to go to work
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2009
5:32 PM

Post #6777144

I aaaam sooooo stressed out, just look at me, yes one xtra large please!!!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2009
6:24 PM

Post #6777321

I am sooo stressed and nervous! Its the noise form all the fire crackers, I cant take it anymore! Just when I try to relax..

BOOOOOOOMMMMM!

Another one jumps me out of my hide!

BOOOOOOOOOOOM, there goes another one... just how much more of this am I supposed to take...

Run before they do it again!

hissssssss!

...thump...bimp...dud

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2009
9:54 PM

Post #6777993

BOOOOOOOOOOOM

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

July 5, 2009
10:32 AM

Post #6779511

We took the longer route over the mountains to the West Coast today - they said there was snow falling further south & we didn't want to risk the road being closed.
We had chains, blankets, thermos of hot water, sachets of hot choc drink as well as a big bar of fruit & nut chocolate.
Just in case...
but the road we took was fine, had been closed on Wednesday & still a bit of snow by the road.
Nothing compared to what the US & Canada get...
we think a few inches is a big deal in town.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2009
12:10 PM

Post #6779666

LOL! Snow! well in my neck of the woods we have not seen a big snow for a long wime, although we have gotten the bitter cold winter on occassion. I remember back in the 60's we had a snow that was humongeous!

The climates are changing. Summers are oppressive, winters cold and we get a lot of rain and dry spells that we did not get before. Some years it seems swinter goes rightinto summer and fall is very short.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 5, 2009
3:59 PM

Post #6780336

hi all
well i made it at work testerday
there was a lot of noise here
it nice an cool here today
i looking forward to the next two day
they are my day off
from work that is
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2009
6:49 PM

Post #6780951

Hi elle, my my goodness, no see in long time! Where have you been and how are you doing?

The heat has been opressive up here, but we got a few days that cooled off and then some rain. Now it is fair, with some humidity.

The old horse has had a rough go, but she is better now with the cooler weather. She has her good days and bad just like we all! The rest of the critters are doing ok, except for the burro who needs a muzzle. He and another horse here are waaaaaaaaay too fat and need a severe adjustment in their eating habits and exersize programs.

Hope your goats and bunnies and chickes are doing well as you are too.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 7:38 AM

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 6, 2009
1:25 PM

Post #6783986

hi
everything here is fine
we trying to get ready for the hot weather
ty for the picture of a lovely flower
i got today off then 3 day on then 1 day off
for about 3 week
vac time
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2009
4:15 PM

Post #6784807

We have a new cyber cafe opened elle, hope you come join us there as well, nice you are getting a bit of time off.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009158/
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2009
4:49 PM

Post #6784936

Careful elle, they are trying to cybernap you! Its a conspiracy ya know, just how much are we s'psed to take?

So anyway, elle, hows that choco cake there? There is more ya know!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2009
4:51 PM

Post #6784944

Oh the bribes BB, so you think elle would stay just for cake??? LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 6, 2009
6:47 PM

Post #6785384

Got your favs over the road elle.at The flowerpot cafe' ! we miss you elle LoL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 7, 2009
6:19 PM

Post #6789426

hello? anyone here? Blossom, Bloomers? hellllOOOOOOO
Just wanted to borrow a cup of sugar. !
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 8, 2009
2:03 PM

Post #6792815

hi all
i not going any where
having too much fun here
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2009
1:45 AM

Post #6795727

Aaahhh SEE! SEE LOVES THE CAKE!! ANd best part, its free and NO CALORIES! Have all you can take elle!

Pooof...

Um, sheeesh, its happening again, ummmmm whered I go?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2009
2:25 PM

Post #6797391

Qwick, I need another pair for my hind feet!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 12, 2009
4:18 PM

Post #6810137

Hey Blossom! got a few leftovers here, would you like them? ...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2009
12:38 AM

Post #6811887

Shure!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 14, 2009
12:07 AM

Post #6816078

All quiet in here too Blossom, must be the credit crunch, folk just aren't coming out at night like they used to..lol.
I might give it another hour then I'm closing up for the night over the road!!
Nice cool breeze sitting out here on the step mate!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2009
3:35 AM

Post #6816924

OMG! Ick ick ick...Monty the garter serpent had a run in with my mower... Geek, I think the poor lil sucker is no longer with us. His brother the yellow speckled rat snake has been playing in visible.
Funeral at 6am...Snacks at 7PM
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

July 14, 2009
6:56 AM

Post #6817234

poor Monty!
I accidentally killed a legless lizard one day out digging in my garden in Brisbane, I didn't see it & chopped it in half - I was so upset.
Silly lizard should have zigged instead he zagged...
I fed the corpse to the turtle, I was digging for worms for him at the time.
At least lizard didn't die in vain.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 14, 2009
11:29 AM

Post #6817446

I'm sure your turtle enjoyed the variety.

At least Monty had a quick end. He was old and gimpy, tired of running from crows who wanted to eat him. He told me he couldn't even scare the mailman anymore when he hid in the mailbox. Time to recyle, come back as a hatchling and start the fun all over.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2009
3:22 PM

Post #6818104

Monty was, well, he was a spooky guy. He would hide hither and slither yon. He met a quick end, but the buzzards enjoyed him to peices.

Snacks anyone? Got BLTS, carry out!

I seem to have a fondness for him now. LOL!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 14, 2009
11:53 PM

Post #6820035

Blossom!!!! Youv'e fried up Monty! Oh the humanity. Well, now you are one with the snake. Ohhmmmm...

Hey Dalfyre, what kind of turtle do you have? I've only kept an alligator snapper thru Xmas break many, many and more many years ago. I was reluctant to take it back to school, but mean old mom wouldn't let me keep it. Can't imagine why with those cute little jaws strong enough to take a finger.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2009
12:11 AM

Post #6820099

oh no i dint...i woodnt touch a monty with a ten foot pole!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2009
3:30 PM

Post #6822480

Besides that, you promised to make him invisible and then the derned fool had to play chicken with the lan-moor and BAM. He commited suicide and got his sorry slithery skinny butt sliced and diced. Then you put a hexcurse on me and he came back and haunted me this morning.. ugh! Whats a Blossom to do?

Ribbet...!

I will just scream if I see his brother the ratsnake.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2009
4:06 PM

Post #6822605

Ohhhh, there I go again, its that croaking voice you gave me, darnit Geek! First you give me four hooves, now this again...

poooF!

You ever gonna tern me back to normal?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 15, 2009

Post #6822677

Normal??????? you've got to be kidding... LOL Luv ya just the way you are!

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009 5:18 PM
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2009
4:51 PM

Post #6822820

Well, thats one vote...LOL!

Hop, going to the GPS... I hear KONG rains there!

And the sky is falling again!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 15, 2009
5:12 PM

Post #6822923

Oh, those are curly fries. lol
Blossom, I think you would look adorable with a fluffy tail.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2009
5:19 PM

Post #6822955

POOOOF!

hmmmmm somethings a miss here! LOL!

Whaaaat a playboy bunny with scales??? Huh Geek? You better tweeak that majik wand... I think Mike-L Jax-N was playing with it.

Hop! Wiggle hop hop! Dang what the heck is that twitch????
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2009
1:51 AM

Post #6828912

Awwww geez... twitch, wiggle hop hop wiggle twitch... shes done it again...more scale than poofy tail though.. hehehe! She missed that part! NAH NAH!!!

Nice stripe though dontcha think!!

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

July 17, 2009
8:13 AM

Post #6829768

Geek - the turtle was an Australian native species, Snake Necked Turtle.
It is illegal to keep them without a permit but Mum was in a very bad realationship with a man who didn't think the law applied to him.
Poor turtle was picked up on one of his interstate travels & brought home to Brisbane.
He drilled a hole in it's shell to tether it to the paddling pool where it was supposed to live.
It broke free one day & escaped...
hope it found a new home in the wild.

http://www.reptilepark.com.au/animals.asp?catID=9&ID=68
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2009
10:34 AM

Post #6829850

Oh my dalfyre, thats terrible, a hole in his shell! Eeks!.

Hey, did I hear wrong or was there an earthquake somewhere down under near you?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 17, 2009
11:20 AM

Post #6829925

That IS terrible. I have a power drill. How about if I bore a hole in the guy's skull and string him up with the other idiots in the woodshed? There are plenty of worms to eat out there. Sheesh. Well, hopefully, as the turtle's shell grew, the hole closed in the process.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2009
2:54 PM

Post #6830572

Geek, and I am so sorry about Monty. It was awful how it happened. He was being invisible like you said, but next thing I knew the he was flying in peices out of the mower shoot. Please dont make him haunt me anymore. I cant bare it. He never saw it coming.

I prepared a table of some of his favorite herbs and coleus in his memory. He would hide in my Kong while I was not looking as evidenced by his skin I found the other day... He was soooo sneaky.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 17, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #6831656

Blossom honey, he's trying to tell you not to fret over this. The old guy was achey and too slow to chase asp any more. He crawled under your mower on purpose and thought since he was invisible, you would not be traumatized from the scene. He says to chillax, have a cuppa or a snort so he can stop worring over you and get himself recycled to a nice cornfield full of fat mice.
What's that Monty? He says thank you so much for all the herbs. Coleus was his favorite. He also hopes it was ok to shed in your Kong but he couldn't resist. No place safer than with a big gorrilla.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2009
9:47 PM

Post #6832087

LOL! Well, thanks for that. I am sure the Kong did not mind getting its branches caressed either. Well, Monty if ya can hear me. I know of a nice corn field in New Zealand... er maybe England that will recylcle you...good luck in that and no hard feelings.! Ohmmmmm!

Now about that guy with the turtle... I will lasso him and hog tie the ... and you can do yer acupunture. I am sure no one here will mind. YEAHAAAW!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2009
9:59 PM

Post #6832118

oh and Geek, heres a nice fresh tomato for you to practice on while I gets my rope. We would not want you to mess up if ya know what I mean!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 17, 2009
10:22 PM

Post #6832188

Hey!!! thats my tomato!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2009
10:28 PM

Post #6832206

Easy Mate!! no its not.. its a clone!!!!

You better give it to Geek so she can practice... I got her drill plugged in and that guy is out in the back hog tied in the woodshed waiting for her.

You know how Geek can be if she does not have something to work on whilst she has someone to whittle on. She needs to test her majik on that mater so that she knows it will do the job on you know who!

Now here is your mater mate...chillax as Geek would say and have a cuppa!

See how close they look alike!!!

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

July 18, 2009
9:46 AM

Post #6833784

hi guys - yes there was an earthquake down south, I didn't feel it but know lots of people that did.
Luckily it was in an area of 'soft rock' so that absorbed it somewhat...
it is only a matter of time before NZ gets another really big one.
So they say...
and there are volcanoes up North that could wake up & blow our largest city off the map.
It is only in recent times that scientists realised that there is no such thing as an extinct volcano.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2009
12:54 PM

Post #6834033

Hi dalfrye, well, lets hope those sleeping giants stay sleeping for a long time so we dont have to worry about it, but terrible thing for those later. Jeesh.

It would be so great if Geek could wave her magic wand and help that situation...

Anyway, I hope your having a great day anyway.

We have work to do so I will catch up with you later!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 18, 2009
1:11 PM

Post #6834074

Thanks Blossom. I think I have the whammy down, but no matter. If his head blows up...oopsy daisy. hehehe

We are right on the New Madrid Fault which is ripe for a shake-up. A couple of years ago, we were woken up by a tremor. Quite a sobering experience.
Science, in many ways, is catching up to what our ancestors already knew.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2009
2:18 PM

Post #6834248

Well you sound the alarm on your end of New Maddie and I will watch my end. I have felt her quake only 2 times in 50 years so shes a sleeper. But spozed to be worse than California when she goes.

Whats that you say, extinction is the rule, life is only temperary... enjoy it while it lasts...

Oh speaking of extinct, saw some rare birds on our back forty yesterday! Need to do some research...they were awesome.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 19, 2009
3:09 PM

Post #6837639

Details please Blossom.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2009
6:08 PM

Post #6838115

The fault you live on, it runs through my yard too! YOu got the south end. All is quiet now though.

Well its a sunny day today... little bit of sprinkle.. but still all and all very nice.

Im going outside to make the best of it. Gotta check those tomaters again mate!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 20, 2009
3:58 PM

Post #6841780

hi all
nice here to day
i went to a baby shower
yesterday
they all talk about baby and their huband and the way they had to lean how to cook and clean house
it brought up good meries /
SPELL
??
went i was young
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2009
4:33 PM

Post #6841948

Hi elle, glad you could come.

Talk about the far end of the birthday scale... yesterday our group celebrated those who were sexy seniors 80 and over!

The secret of not getting old was to never die! Have fun and be yourself! Its not what you do but who you are that matters. Well, least as thatwas whatour speaker said!

Veggies anyone?

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 20, 2009
8:41 PM

Post #6843017

hi blossombuddy
i just turn 66 in june
every time i get by a young one
i rember what i did at there age
i just try to live one day at a time now
i work in a nuring home
i just count my blessing that i not there
i love my people there
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 21, 2009
12:59 AM

Post #6844075

Well, i know how that goes elle, i do the same thing!

heres to age.be it young or old or in between!

ice creams on the house. come and get 'em everyone!

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

July 21, 2009
11:11 AM

Post #6845440

I heard that birthdays are good for your health...
have you noticed the more you have the longer you live?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 21, 2009
3:18 PM

Post #6846130

hi all
yes that how it go
rain here today
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 21, 2009
6:51 PM

Post #6847023

Dalfrye - that is a neat saying - I will have to remember that.

I turned 56 almost 2 weeks ago - I feel at least 15 years younger but my right knee felt 15 years older. Now, with a new anti-inflammatory prescription, my knee has gotten as young as the rest of me.

Blossom - I like how your alternate your healthy vegetable offerings with equally healthy ice cream. Make mines chocolate please.

Elle - send some rain my way!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2009
12:42 AM

Post #6848546

Lol!! Carefull which of those veggies you bite into... 2 of them are plastic!!! LOL! Hah ha, faked you out! Well anyway so much for no calories!! I try! But that icescream was real!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

July 22, 2009
8:19 AM

Post #6849828

mmmm- icecream, have you heard of world famous in New Zealand Hokey Pokey ice cream?
Once upon a time you couldn't get it anywhere except NZ, but now we send it to Aussie too - all those Kiwi ex pats missed it so much.
Our other 'unique' flavour is orange choc chip, never used to get that in Aussie either.
When I moved back to NZ I got a double decker with a scoop of each.
But I must confess to now being a big fan of Cookies & Cream - that didn't exist here when I was growing up.
We can even buy Oreo cookies here now, after years of reading about them it was quite exciting to see them in our supermarket.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2009
12:27 PM

Post #6850117

dalfyre, that is so funny, but I am glad you can enjoy some of those flavors you used to not be able to get! I grew up on oreos! Funny thing about them, as a kid they tasted much better and creamier. Then they changed the recipe a tad. I like the old ones better.

And here I thought I was the only one that liked orange and chocolate! I love the bitter sweet!. I have not tried the ice cream flavor, but I do endulge in chocolate chips chased down with a tall cold glass of orange juice! YUUUM!

Well, heres a cuppa and some chops! (__)? ...!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

July 23, 2009
11:17 PM

Post #6856924

I must admit when I finally tasted Oreos I was a bit sorry I bothered.
I like the biscuit part ok but the filling... blah
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 24, 2009
2:22 AM

Post #6857641

The creamy filling was better years back, then they started that crap on trans fats and now the recipe sucks in my opinion today. The chocolate too seems a bit more sugary tasting than years back. I tell ya what, there is nothing like the old recipe. Kripes sake, ruin a good cookie...sheesh! I swear there are a lot of foods that tasted better years ago and now.. ugh...I mean to, get real, if we wanted a helath food, we would eat a banana or something.. Gimme a GOOOOOD COOKIE, fresh butter, no skimping on the GOOOD stuff that made them good. May as well eat cardboard as that what some of the re-done cookies taste like. Yeck!

Well, heres some naturals fresh from the garden here...Tomato anyone? That biggest sucker was almost 2 lbs in itself! Fresh organically grown in chicken poo! No skimping on the family recipe there and vine ripe! 'cept fer the green ones, they kinda broke off when I got the reds!...Lets get some real butter and fry those greenies up!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 27, 2009
11:45 AM

Post #6870260

Oh that looks delightful BB, hope we soon get some red maters. Got some potatoes, just enough to go along with the baked ham.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 29, 2009
11:32 PM

Post #6882110

Well here is the basket of mates I promised terri. theres more coming...

Those taters look super.. oh shoot, forgot to weed my patch today.. dang it.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #6882178

Ohhh Lovely Blossom, Thanks very much. I'll take them over to the Flowerpot and make a salad... LOL!

Brought you a few flowers for the porch, have a nice evening!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 30, 2009
1:53 AM

Post #6882827

And for your table my dear...sunnys!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
2:10 PM

Post #6884426

Could I help myself to a couple tomaters for tonights salad? They look scrumptious BB.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 30, 2009
3:16 PM

Post #6884690

Sure haighr, I will clone you a basket of your own... take all you want!

abracadabra-mombecrombie!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 30, 2009
3:20 PM

Post #6884708

Oops, thats mombie-crombie!!

Well, take yer pic!~

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
5:34 PM

Post #6885287

Thanks I will surely enjoy them this evening!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 31, 2009
3:51 AM

Post #6887929

if you need more cherrys, haighr, theres more on the hooper!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 31, 2009
2:31 PM

Post #6889178

hi all
got all kind of cherry tomatoes
will be taking some to work with me
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 31, 2009

Post #6889574

Hi elle! Glad you could come today!

I brought some herbs and a vase of prairie flowers.

Take your shoes of and set a spell!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 31, 2009
4:21 PM

Post #6889585

Join me in a cuippa! (_)?

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 1, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #6893386

hi
i would love too
it raining here right now
getting our tv fix
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

August 2, 2009
10:45 AM

Post #6896778

Mmmm...I caught the aroma of goodies and look where it led me. Thumbs up on that orange/choc. I brought us a fancy-a$$ pound cake- orange w/ choc swirls, choc cake w/ raspberry icing and blueberry cheesecake w/ choc graham cracker crust. And best of all, poof- no calories.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 2, 2009
6:30 PM

Post #6898112

Hi Geek! Caught the aroma did ya! Well, I have a new friend for everyone to meet, , the names HERB!...Got a link to share too!! You can meet HERB here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1022424/

C'mon elle, Geek, lets find terri and go! Everyone too, yer all invited!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 18, 2009
5:14 PM

Post #6961155

I walked all the way over here from the Flowerpot and no peppers :(
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2009
8:31 PM

Post #6961825

At your service.. peppers...

Theres two baskets, I will run one over to 24 as soon as I find my shoes!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2009
8:37 PM

Post #6961846

Um, found my shoes, wheres the secret link to get to 24?

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2009
3:35 AM

Post #6963290

Sorry I don't have the secret link but your veggie basket is beautiful! Our peppers are still tiny things...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2009
2:43 PM

Post #6964475

Thanks for the compliments SW. Well, I managed to find the 24, but I had to click my heels to get there!! Thanks for leaving the key under the flowerpot.

I got the stuffing peppers in the freezer.. still working on the chopped peppers. I think I will put stuffed peppers on the table for the menu tonight. Best go see if I have some rice, hamburger and some tomato sauce! YUP! GOT "EM.. Stuffed peppers it is!

OY, it looks like my baby sunroses need a serious pruning.. Dare I make more baskets? I have no clue what to do with all the cuttings. I will not be able to bring them all indoors and was wondering will I or dare I leave them in the baskets in the GH for winter. Do they go dormant? Or dare I leave some outside? Well I guess I do have plenty to experiment wit. They are so lovely!

Soz, whatcvha up to?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 19, 2009
5:46 PM

Post #6965161

hi all
how do you freeze yourgreen pepper
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2009
6:15 PM

Post #6965243

Elle, I cut the top part off and then save the "bell" part. Clean the seeds out of the bell and rinse in cold water. and throw the seeds on a paper towel for saving later. I just put the bells in a zippy bag, date it and freeze them fresh for stuffing later! Nuthing to it!

Then I take the tops and slice what part of that part I can for little chunks and freeze them seperaetely too! Those are great for like putting in pizza or sauces!

Keep a few of the sliced chunks in a glad box in the fridge for fresh salads!

Easy as pie!

Let the seeds dry on the papertowl for a month on the rine. They will fall off later! Just keep them open in a dry place!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 19, 2009
6:23 PM

Post #6965270

hi
ty for ansered me
so you do not suffed them befor putting in freezer
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2009
6:43 PM

Post #6965338

Well, elle, you can do that too, you just have to then cook them!

I stuff mine with rice and hamburger mixed then bake in like a tomato (spagetti sauce and then you can box and freeze them for later. I only froze mine today the other way because I had a half a bushel of peppers and shoot, any more in the kitchen and I was getting backed up in the office!! LOL! Enjoy!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 19, 2009
7:35 PM

Post #6965505

hi
thank you for all your idea
elle
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 19, 2009
7:39 PM

Post #6965518

hi
how about cooking fresh frozed string bean
went i cook my they are tough
or they are hard
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:31 AM

Post #6966963

HI elle, I just boil mine and then put butter on them. You dont want to over do them though.

Here are the bells for stuffing!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #6966985

The burger and rice for stuffing the peppers..

(You can add the chopped green peppers to this and onions and or mushrooms or what ever it is you like stuffed in a green pepper!)

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #6966996

Stuffed and microwaved...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:41 AM

Post #6967007

Adding the sauce.. mine is actually spagetti sauce with mushrooms in it!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:46 AM

Post #6967025

And wahlah! Enjoy your meal!

Would you like some mozerella cheese grated on top or maybe parmesan?

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2009
12:47 PM

Post #6967956

They look delicious and yes I'll have cheese on mine. We ususally mix the sauce right in the burger mix and then stuff.
Hey BB do you find your peppers a bit soft when you thaw them. Or do you just leave them frozen, stuff, bake and then eat? I generally thaw ours first and they are soft?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #6968085

I dont thaw them. I precook the meat and rice, stuff that in hot then micro. Depending on how long in the nuker will depend on how soft.. I also put the sauce preheated on later so then that makes the fresher frozen pepper! The best are fresh from the garden though, never frozen. I do not like mushy peppers!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2009
1:53 PM

Post #6968107

I agree we like them straight from the garden for the stuffed. Whatever we don't eat stuffed we bag for salads and sauces and such.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #6968162

Well, I need to head out to the GPS and also check on the hanging baskets of maters. That storm we had last night knocked the power out and was a little hard coming down so maybe there is damages.

I will be back to help with the dishes on the next shift. That lasagna pan is gonna have to soak anyway! Burrrp!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2009
5:25 AM

Post #7024092

Wow, time flies when your having fun... who ordered breakfeast.. Bloomers is serving!

Looks like a ham and chicken riot and a cherry flapjack!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 6, 2009
6:00 PM

Post #7032610

Oh no.. everyone, run!

Its JAWS!

(Goodgourds, does anybody know what specie this is???? )

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2009
9:02 PM

Post #7067924

knock
knock
knock
knock
knock
knock

...is it safe to come in...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2009
2:55 PM

Post #7077435

Ok, who ordered the Mac Frank and gas to go?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 28, 2009
12:33 AM

Post #7215187

HELLO !! Is there anyone here??

I guess everyone's gone on holiday somewhere...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2009
1:12 AM

Post #7215311

~
(____)?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 28, 2009
1:38 AM

Post #7215376

Hi Blossom!! nice to see you here, I thought this place had closed down!!!
OOOOoooooooowwwwww! is that a cup of one of your special hot chocolates? YUM, thats just what I need tonight. Thank you darlin' LoL!

It's getting dark at 4.45pm here, Yano!!! I HATE the long dark nights, don't you? I've been helping Mum repot plants to bring indoors for winter, raking up leaves,
cleaning up the summerhouse and cooking!!!!

Thanks for the cuppa mate, I'll have a better sleep now!
nite nite,
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #7215463

(~~~~)?
----------

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2009
6:42 AM

Post #7333910

Well, there it is..
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 4, 2009
4:59 PM

Post #7334848

Thanks Blossom! Are you decorating in here?

why dont you ask peggy and your friend from Florida to help out? !!!

Jingle bells ...!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2009
5:27 PM

Post #7334922

Oh Hi terri, what are you doing here?

No, no I am definetely not decorating here so Im not inviting anyone to decorate either. You see I was beamed here by the Ghost of Christmas future to see if 6'2" and I were going to get rid of that slime! Man that thing is gross. PLEASE do not slip in it and hurt yourself again.. its getting anymore that blob is every where. We must find a cure! We are desperate.

Well, sorry things were not going well for you for a while too. You have my sincere condolences . Haighr told me everything. The Ghost says things will improve for you but it will not always be easy. He says too, that if you need to lean on someone, you are welcome to think of Him and he will be there.

SO are you ready to go to the new cafe? Im looking forward to it and having a nice happy Christmas.

All together now.. on the count of three!

*pooF*!

HEY, no fair, you forgot to count!!!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 6, 2009
2:15 PM

Post #7341141

hi all
it cold here
it might get wet
it look white will be here
elle

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America