Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: It's different this year

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 3, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Molamola
Christiansted, VI
(Zone 11)

June 21, 2009
1:37 PM

Post #6718350

I've been living right in the middle of the Hurricane Road for more than twenty years, so I've watched the weather rather closely. It's simply acting differently this year.
LindaTX8
NE Medina Co., TX
(Zone 8a)

July 2, 2009
8:50 PM

Post #6769326

In what way, Melissa?
Molamola
Christiansted, VI
(Zone 11)

July 2, 2009
11:39 PM

Post #6770156

Oh. Hi, Linda.

I live where, in the summer and fall, we watch rain coming eastward off Africa, called waves. Sometimes these waves become stronger, and turn into storms or hurricanes.

But, anyway, there is usually rain on the leading edge of these waves. This year, so far, the rain we've gotten has come up from South America, and combined with rainy bits coming south east off, Georgia, sort of, and our rain has been coming from the west, instead of the east.

And now I'm unhappily watching a huge dust cloud that's come off Africa, the Sahara Desert, and will be here in another two days or so. Sometimes this gritty dry poisonous and germ filled dust is as thick as light fog.

But the main thing, is the backwards rain, and the tropical waves that have been losing their moisture before they get here, instead of raining more.

Maybe I should quit watching the weather, news and everything else! Tra lah! I'd be a happier idiot! and unprepared.

OK, how is it where you are?
LindaTX8
NE Medina Co., TX
(Zone 8a)

July 2, 2009
11:45 PM

Post #6770187

We have had a bad drought, 2 years now. And real hot lately. I wonder...sometimes I believe the weather forcasters want to give us a little something to hope for, so they raise our hopes when there wasn't that much chance of rain in the first place. I could do without that!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America