Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Easy Succulents: Graptoveria 'Fred Ives': Help

Communities > Forums > Article: Easy Succulents: Graptoveria 'Fred Ives'
bookmark
Forum: Article: Easy Succulents: Graptoveria 'Fred Ives'Replies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
3gardeners
Mableton, GA
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #6723241

I read all of your articles with great enthusiasm thinking that I will absorb much knowledge and surely, eventually, become a successful succulent plant owner. They should be so easy, right. But there seems to be some sort of little knack I keep skipping along and skip over every once in a while. I'm in Atlanta, GA, where we are either in a SEVER drought or like recently, a 3 month long rain.

I bought from a little old lady in the country two big potted succulents that were flourishing. So much so that she had an abundance and just had to get rid of them. She called them Ghost Plant and Beans & Franks. See Photo. :-( There is actually on stick of the Beans & Franks still sticking up in there.

Over the last 3 years, this is what I've managed to hold on too. They either get so hot on my deck that it in the afternoon/setting sun that reaches 105 they turn crispy or I over water them and they rot. So I tried bringing them in to my sunroom have better control, but it didn't seem like it was bright or hot enough and they just stalled. Plus, if I look sideways at the Ghost Plant, the "leaves" break off, so I feel any kind of repotting would be out of the question.

Am I just doomed to watch them die a slow death?

Thumbnail by 3gardeners
Click the image for an enlarged view.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2009
2:56 AM

Post #6725953

those are far too leggy... need to be cut back to just a few inches below the rosettes and replanted... they might be happier then

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Easy Succulents: Graptoveria 'Fred Ives' Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Green with envy mayniac69 0 Jun 22, 2009 11:42 AM
YAY!! LouC 4 Jun 22, 2009 7:35 PM
Neem oil? imapigeon 2 Jun 22, 2009 8:43 PM
Great Article! Petalpants 1 Jun 22, 2009 3:51 PM
Graptopetalum bellum Keriblu 2 Jun 27, 2009 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America