Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Xeriscape Gardening: Xeric project

Communities > Forums > Xeriscape Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Xeriscape GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 197
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dparsons01
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2009
6:38 AM

Post #6730799

I've been posting on my xeric landscaping/gardening project over in the Rocky Mountain Forum. Its largely Mediterranean/High Desert type plants as I live in Albuquerque where it is dry with mild temperature extremes. Seems relevant here too, so I'm posting a link. Take a look and post any discussion you see fit to post.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/985750/

pollengarden

pollengarden
Pueblo, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #7344469

I hadn't looked at your project before - looks really interesting. Please post some more photos about next May-June!
I've been here over 9 years. I started with a plan, but some willy-nilly has sneaked in, and some things didn't work out. Now that I'm older and wiser, I will be re-doing some areas for 2010.
Thanks for the Photos!
dparsons01
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7b)

December 7, 2009
3:42 PM

Post #7344638

Will do. I figured some things wouldn't make it and will have to try other things when they don't.
hellnzn11
Rosamond, CA
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #8080629

It is a challenge especially if desert plants freely blow and seed in your yard. I recommend planting your beds and delineating the plantings with ripped up rolls of roof paper so the plants you see after the winter rains, are mostly plants or seeds you want, it is easy to confuse your bedding plants and seedlings with weeds or to think they are your seedlings and leave them just to have them run deep tap roots and over run your garden taking all the water with them. You can remove pieces as you see things are established and tear out bigger holes for more plants or so your plants can self sow in near by areas, without wanting to kill yourself and waste a year of good gardening.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Xeriscape Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Favorite TOUGH Xeriscape plants michele5000 80 Apr 27, 2009 1:37 AM
How do you all start your seeds (Blanket flower, etc.) Gourd 12 Feb 26, 2008 12:54 AM
Perennials for Xeriscaping, Zone 7 (and zones 2-11) cherishlife 107 Jul 24, 2008 9:51 PM
Where do you get them at? MitchF 25 Aug 4, 2008 5:09 PM
Agastache seeds MQN 13 Dec 16, 2007 7:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America