Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Napergal
Naperville, IL

June 24, 2009
6:59 PM

Post #6732900

There are so many beautiful color combinations with coleus, that I have had wonderful results in combining them with some Million Bells and other summer annuals in hanging baskets and containers. I also use them in my shade garden for a splash of color here and there. I always seem to have a few cuttings rooting in water in my kitchen ...I have been known to pinch off a piece of a particularly pretty one at a garden center or a friend's garden, and root it!! My bad!!
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

June 25, 2009
2:49 AM

Post #6734931

Join the coleus pinching club:-)

Its inevitable. Post some pics and let us see your beautiful combos.

hellelover
McMillan, MI

June 25, 2009
12:29 PM

Post #6736024

oh oh oh (jumping up and down raising my hand!) I wanna join the pinching club!! I've been an herb and vegetable gardener for years and have recently broadened my horizons to flower gardening and I'm in love with COLEUS now!
In my trials to grow hellebores for the earthy colors, I discovered coleus. They are beautiful in my shade garden with the hostas and hellebores. All I can say is WOW! I went to the local nursery and found Kong this year. I can't stop going back for just 2 more!! I tried to start some (chocolate mint) from seed this year but I didn't have any luck :(. Anyone have any tips for growing them from seed? And thanks for the tips on pinching and rooting.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Crazy For Coleus: History and Care Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I Love it! georgiagarden3 4 Jun 19, 2009 3:30 PM
Beautiful! KyWoods 7 Jun 20, 2009 2:16 AM
Great article! rcn48 8 Sep 16, 2007 6:55 PM
Coleus jazzzy704 0 Oct 23, 2007 2:00 PM
Thank you, Joyce! 85Tate 0 Jan 27, 2009 3:43 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America