Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
momofcracker
Roseville, CA

June 25, 2009
2:37 AM

Post #6734861

a week or so ago, i found a lady selling wisteria seeds on craigslist, she was so sweet to send me a list of directions on how to get them to root, does anyone have anyother ideas for me on how to make they grow into a nice patio type of arbor in my back yard, tell me what has worked for you, any pictures of your wisteria would much be appreciated, also, i live in roseville, california, it is near sacramento, in the valley, what zone would i be in?
GodsEden
Kennard, TX

September 1, 2009
4:29 AM

Post #7011476

Momofcracler, I started mine from a vine. If you have grown yours from seed I would plant one at each post of the arbor,same as you would anyvine. As the vine growes you will train it to climb the arbor.Perfering too wrap around the post.
Andy_pandy
New Bern, NC
(Zone 8a)

May 16, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8566090

I have just bought a house in coastal NC. wisteria seeds have NO trouble germinating here, i have spent the spring pulling up seedlings seeds pods still attached. I suggest cutting the seed pods off your vine before they explode in the spring
I need to do some research this wisteria is not evergreen, i thought it was the native stuff as it is strangling my trees and trees along the sides of the road in my area. it is very invasive here.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fragrant Climbing Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Here's a combo for you CoreHHI 4 May 18, 2011 10:32 AM
Zone 5 Maria 4 May 25, 2011 6:13 AM
Gloriosa Lily in zone 8 ShirleyV 1 May 20, 2013 6:52 AM
Underused/underestimated climbers... Noturf 1 Sep 1, 2009 2:20 AM
vines GodsEden 1 Aug 5, 2013 6:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America