Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Antiques and Collectibles: Id please

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 3, Views: 144
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 28, 2009
1:18 PM

Post #6748811

I have this beautiful raspberry or cranberry colored ruffled glass basket,with a crisscross pattern pressed in the bottom 1/2 then hand painted pink roses and blue flowers,greenery,also white dots in each of the pressed crisscross pattern,and fired gold leaf on each rufffle,it measures 9in across top, 3 in across the bottom,Thank you. Is it called a wedding basket ??

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009 7:48 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

hanami
north, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2009
4:14 AM

Post #6812728

Hi huggergirl,
It's called a brides basket. There are different styles. One like yours would have originally come with a metal holder that had a handle over the top like a basket. Go to google images and search for "brides basket" .
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2009
11:58 AM

Post #6813271

hanami,thank you,Ive been wondering what it was .The basket is in perfect cond. so now I need to find a stand for it.Thanks again,I love it
hanami
north, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2009
6:24 PM

Post #6814729

You're welcome, glad I could help. I have one the same color and ruffled edge. I don't think mine has quite as much painting as yours. I can't check, all the stuff from my china cabinet is packed up right now, we've been doing some work in the house. And mine has a big chunk of glass missing out of the edge, but it's still so pretty, I just turn that part to the back :) I don't have the holder either. I hope you find one for yours, it's a lovely old peice of glass.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America