Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Antiques and Collectibles: Id please

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 3, Views: 144
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 28, 2009
1:18 PM

Post #6748811

I have this beautiful raspberry or cranberry colored ruffled glass basket,with a crisscross pattern pressed in the bottom 1/2 then hand painted pink roses and blue flowers,greenery,also white dots in each of the pressed crisscross pattern,and fired gold leaf on each rufffle,it measures 9in across top, 3 in across the bottom,Thank you. Is it called a wedding basket ??

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009 7:48 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

hanami
north, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2009
4:14 AM

Post #6812728

Hi huggergirl,
It's called a brides basket. There are different styles. One like yours would have originally come with a metal holder that had a handle over the top like a basket. Go to google images and search for "brides basket" .
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2009
11:58 AM

Post #6813271

hanami,thank you,Ive been wondering what it was .The basket is in perfect cond. so now I need to find a stand for it.Thanks again,I love it
hanami
north, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2009
6:24 PM

Post #6814729

You're welcome, glad I could help. I have one the same color and ruffled edge. I don't think mine has quite as much painting as yours. I can't check, all the stuff from my china cabinet is packed up right now, we've been doing some work in the house. And mine has a big chunk of glass missing out of the edge, but it's still so pretty, I just turn that part to the back :) I don't have the holder either. I hope you find one for yours, it's a lovely old peice of glass.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America