Id please

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

I have this beautiful raspberry or cranberry colored ruffled glass basket,with a crisscross pattern pressed in the bottom 1/2 then hand painted pink roses and blue flowers,greenery,also white dots in each of the pressed crisscross pattern,and fired gold leaf on each rufffle,it measures 9in across top, 3 in across the bottom,Thank you. Is it called a wedding basket ??

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009 7:48 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl
north, FL(Zone 8a)

Hi huggergirl,
It's called a brides basket. There are different styles. One like yours would have originally come with a metal holder that had a handle over the top like a basket. Go to google images and search for "brides basket" .

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

hanami,thank you,Ive been wondering what it was .The basket is in perfect cond. so now I need to find a stand for it.Thanks again,I love it

north, FL(Zone 8a)

You're welcome, glad I could help. I have one the same color and ruffled edge. I don't think mine has quite as much painting as yours. I can't check, all the stuff from my china cabinet is packed up right now, we've been doing some work in the house. And mine has a big chunk of glass missing out of the edge, but it's still so pretty, I just turn that part to the back :) I don't have the holder either. I hope you find one for yours, it's a lovely old peice of glass.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images