Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Soapworts - the Genus Saponaria: Soapwort

Communities > Forums > Article: Soapworts - the Genus Saponaria
bookmark
Forum: Article: Soapworts - the Genus SaponariaReplies: 2, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Rowanberry
Toronto, ON
(Zone 6b)

June 29, 2009
12:03 PM

Post #6752879

I was lucky enough to have this lovely scented flower volunteer in my garden. Who knows where it came from as there is no other plant in my area I have seen. Faithful, spreads slowly for me allowing me to share with fellow gardeners, scented with double pink flowers. What is not to like.

Rowanberry
luvthecountry
Abingdon, VA

June 29, 2009
12:48 PM

Post #6752995

I love the soapwort that I have. I had been told when I planted it several years ago it may be invasive. I've never had any problem with that and wish it would spread more. It has just started to bloom here and it's one of my most favorite plants in my garden.
Rowanberry
Toronto, ON
(Zone 6b)

June 29, 2009
7:26 PM

Post #6754769

I have not found this particularly invasive in Ontario. I do however regret ever planting wild purple violets. I may never get rid of all of them. I don't mind when they invade the lawn but they insist on trying to oust my precious garden plants.

Rowanberry

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Soapworts - the Genus Saponaria Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blessed Soapwort Potagere 4 Jun 27, 2009 1:34 PM
Easy to grow in Oklahoma! darlindeb 1 Jun 28, 2009 2:00 AM
Thanks for the Info. & Pics Petalpants 1 Jun 28, 2009 11:44 PM
What eats soapwort? Niere 0 Jun 29, 2009 12:48 PM
Soapwort debz4 1 Jul 8, 2009 9:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America