Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Soapworts - the Genus Saponaria: What eats soapwort?

Communities > Forums > Article: Soapworts - the Genus Saponaria
bookmark
Forum: Article: Soapworts - the Genus SaponariaReplies: 0, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Niere
Chepachet, RI
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2009
12:48 PM

Post #6753000

I had always read of the plant being invasive, but here in RI it didn't appear so for me. I ordered some from a fragrant flower internet seller that was going out of business and was thrilled with it when it arrived and ultimately bloomed. It really took off last year and I had masses of pink and white fragrant blossoms. Then this spring it started to come up and one by one each plant started to disappear until all were gone. I'm thinking a deer got at them, but they had never touched them before.

If anyone has any seed, I'd be appreciative if you'd DMail me. Thanks! I am really missing this plant. :(

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Soapworts - the Genus Saponaria Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blessed Soapwort Potagere 4 Jun 27, 2009 1:34 PM
Easy to grow in Oklahoma! darlindeb 1 Jun 28, 2009 2:00 AM
Thanks for the Info. & Pics Petalpants 1 Jun 28, 2009 11:44 PM
Soapwort Rowanberry 2 Jun 29, 2009 7:26 PM
Soapwort debz4 1 Jul 8, 2009 9:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America