Photo by Melody

Article: If you build it, they will come; Fairy Gardens: fairy gardening

Communities > Forums > Article: If you build it, they will come; Fairy Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Article: If you build it, they will come; Fairy GardensReplies: 4, Views: 63
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dbelcher
Florence, SC
(Zone 8a)

June 29, 2009
8:03 PM

Post #6754924

This is such a wonderful article. Thanks for sharing. I have a designated spot for a fairy garden and hope that at long last, this fall I will be able to get it in place. Your mention of the different flowers lead me to know I have what it takes to keep the fairys around. Including some Elfin Thyme I purchased this year not knowing that it would make a nice dancing pad for the fairys when they find my little niche.

Hope to find you writing more on Dave Garden about your Fairy Garden.

Linda B from SC

Thumbnail by dbelcher
Click the image for an enlarged view.

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

June 29, 2009
9:18 PM

Post #6755242

Linda, I love, love, love your little statue. It's adorable! The Elfin thyme makes a nice low mat. I'm afraid most of mine has 'bit the dust'. My landscaper mulched over it and smothered it.
dbelcher
Florence, SC
(Zone 8a)

June 30, 2009
7:12 PM

Post #6759575

I have never had this tiny thyme before and I hope it can survive our heat. It is definitly in the shade and in a pot for the 'thyme' being.

This is the spot my Fairy Garden will be placed in the fall. There is a lot of cleaning out to do though it might not look like it in the photo.

Thumbnail by dbelcher
Click the image for an enlarged view.

raerae1
Newbury, OH

June 30, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #6759691

I have had a fairy garden for years and have always added to it. Some plants are just so great there - miniature hostas, mosses, armeria, mini lady's mantle, dwarf hanoki cypress - not to mention the little folks and their pond.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2009
12:45 AM

Post #6760925

Linda, that looks like a great spot.

raerae, your fairy garden sounds wonderful. I'll have to ask you what I ask everybody... do you have any pics you'd like to share? I'd love to see it!

~ jan

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: If you build it, they will come; Fairy Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fairy Door pixie62560 11 May 10, 2010 9:22 AM
delightful article! DiggerDee 6 Jun 29, 2009 9:02 PM
Surprised you didn't mention our: seedpicker_TX 3 Jun 30, 2009 4:06 AM
oh I love this! MySharona 2 Jun 29, 2009 12:26 PM
fairy garden daphnep 1 Jun 29, 2009 12:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America