Rudbeckia cherry brandy

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Started with first blossom yesterday-- ugggggggg-ly! It's burgundy near the eye with petals fading to brown.

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

A group

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen -- very pretty bed.

not sure about the Cherry Berry .... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .... ?

I was planning on taking some photos today [first day back home] but it's a dark day... we'll see what i can get.

Terese

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

What eye can find beauty in THIS?

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

only the shadow knows .... heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!

LOL, Karen - give 'em a chance ...

PV

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Karen - I'm with you on this one. I got a refund for all of my seeds. I call these Rudbeckia "Pooper Scooper."

This is one of the biggest plant disappointments I've ever seen. They are basically selling a brown flower and calling it red!

Here's mine on the left with their beautiful image on the right. I have yet to see one that is red from anyone.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Karen, I see why you're disappointed with Cherry Brandy. That ticks me off so bad when I realized they must have manipulated the photos! But,....

Happy Birthday anyway! Hope you have an awesome day!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Actually, they're improving a lot with age! These were taken July 8 I think.

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Another shot here.

Neil, thanks for the b-day greetings

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, they are improving! What are those spiky burgundy flowers in with them? They look really pretty together.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

The burgundy spikes are amaranthus pygmy torch. Last years' pygmy torch barely grew, some stayed as small as 4". This year they're much better, at least a size you can see. Volunteers did best.

Karen

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Cute! I've never seen an amaranthus that small!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol.. i actually like the 'pooper scooper' flower... i know, im strange like that!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen... did your Cherry Berry 'age beautifully' ?

and I too liked that Amaranthus .. they are such nifty plants.

Terese

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I'd forgotten about this thread.

Yes, they did improve with age- a lot!

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's a closer shot

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

glad to hear.... looks like a great looking bloom.

Kannapolis, NC

Karen: Glad to see this thread, as I too sowed Cherry Brandy. Mine didn't do well and I only have 1 seedling left that is actually growing. Maybe it'll bloom for me next year.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I sorta liked the uglier ones too:lol: Sometimes you just gotta embrace the mutants:lol:

Turned out gorgeous! I bought some this year so maybe I'll have some next summer/fall:)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hemophobic: Mine were wintersowed. How did you start yours, under lights?

Karen

Kannapolis, NC

Nope, wintersowed, but the problem is they kind of got lost in the shuffle of planting out, so I was late getting them in the ground. It's my own fault and I'm hoping to be more restrained in my WSing this year. HA!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>I'm hoping to be more restrained in my WSing this year. HA!

LOL -- i've been saying that for 2 yrs... but this year i'm gonna be more successful. we shall see.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.