Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The Flowerpot Cafe' 23 Cyber St.

london England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to The Flowerpot Cafe'.
Pop in for a chat and a cuppa anytime! We welcome fresh flowers for our tables everyday.
Our friendly staff, Madame Woodsy and the new girl Dolly will be happy to take your order.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well I will bring my pitcher on over and we can use it on the new bar top. Are all these candles your idea terri, smells like a "french ...house" in here. Can you please blow a few of them out?!

Thumbnail by haighr

Hi Candee! ohh I thought it created a cosy atmosphere with the candles. As you wish madam....... pooooooof!
they are out! Thank you for bringing in our first arrangement, very Beautiful indeed!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Hmmm, Candeeee? Just how do you know what a French*****House smells like? She asks as she ducks and runs out the door.....

As some of you know, we have a Sunflower contest going on! Madam Woodsy is very elegantly holding the remaining raffle tickets. If you would like a sunflower please pick a number. 1 - 25.
Here's whats gone already....

Zany 1
elle 2
Gwen 3
Flowertips 4
Plantgeek 7
Lurkers 11
Candee 13
dalfyre 14
Soilsandup 15
Weedwoman 16
Yardqueen 18
Blossom 20
Bloomers 21
Cissy 23

Good luck everyone! I will add your name to the list here if need be.. lol.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2009 6:49 PM

This message was edited Jul 19, 2009 6:18 PM

Hi Zany, I was thinking that myself!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

There are some things best left unsaid LOL!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

(_)?

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread, Terri.
Candee - great pitcher and great flowers.
BB - I like that cup logo
and it is finally not triple digits in temperature today

Hi Blossom, one large (_)? for you!
I was inspecting your Sunflower earlier, strange! it seems rather small, but we have a long way to go so not to worry!

Oh Hi Dianne, your Sunflower is looking great!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

(_)? x all here! Ch ch cheerrrrrrszzz!
Ttterri....wha-airs mmmy ttttowell????

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

OOOOOOpppps Sorry Blossom, did we leave you soaking in the bath without a towel?
Here ya go, one majik warm you up and dry towel. Now stop fussing will ya!!!! LoL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

And no clothes! Silly coma girl....! You better have a (____)?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

(O^O)
...~...

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009 6:24 PM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Nice cuppa there terri, what is that? Glad things are cooling down for you Dianne, we just been having more clouds and rain. HAven't captured the groundhog yet that is eating everything in sight, dang.
Has anyone seen him out back?
BB don't eat the apples that are lying round, they are bait for the gh!

Louisville, KY

Hey y'all, I brought an armload of beeswax candles. Hmmm, your'e right Zany, it does smell like a French house in here. Not that I would know about that you see. It's what I was told. ;)
Wow, look at all the wonderful arraingements. Y'all rock!
Candee, can we eat the groundhog? lol Or, I can let my boa loose. She'll catch the rascal.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh by all means let the boa loose. Now ya'll be careful outback boa is on the move and hopefully will have a full belly soon!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

zzzzOOOOOM! iM OUTA HERE IF THAT CANTANKEROUS BOA IS ON THE LOOSE! He best be making himself invisible to me. You know me and them pithy vipers of yourn do not get along!

Geek, are those road apples on the ground or regular apples? Bloomers will take a box of chocolate covered roads if you got them.

Well, I gotta go to the Rival.. I hear tell dinners on and its gonna be something scrummy! Anyone joining me, I hear tell its a buffet!

Chow!

Hi everyone!
Candee the big cuppa plant pot has a cordyline? sp and celosas planted in it.
Nice one Plantgeek!! It's getting to that time of year when I'll be sending my 14year old over to you for the summer,
please sort out her attitude problem!!!

Any apples found on the ground must remain at the flowerpot!
Milky Joe is not allowed to cross the road, she works here!
Good day.

All flavours available!

Louisville, KY

LOL Terri. Send her on over here. There's no problem duct-tape and a closet won't fix. Better yet, I'll sing her into behaiving. I'll give you a sample...Ahem... The hills are alive, with the sound of music..lalalala...See there, even the voles left.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Drat, Bloomers was soooo hoping for the chocolate roads....

.....I need a(_)? Joe... me head is spinning for some dang reason.

Whaaat the heck happened, last I recall I was soaking in a fine tub that terri did for me and..., hmmmm must of slipped and fell some how.. I got a bump on my head and.... Hooooly mackeral, why am I weeearing this... this this..hiss hissss hisssssssss. YIPES?

Louisville, KY

Hey y'all, one of my poems will be read at 4pm today on a radio show - Accents, a litereary spot on WRFL, 88.1 in Lexington , Ky. They have a website that has live-streaming and an archive in case you miss it. Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance, happy dance.

Blossom, now don't panic. She's harmless, just passing through looking for varmits. She saw that thing on your head and thought it might be one, but I told her it wasn't. See, there she goes on her way. All is well. Ohmmmmmmm

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

OOOHMmmmmmmm......OMG!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

well thanks for that geek, but jeez will ya just look at these hands now!!

I cant go on,

I simply cannot go on

Someone else wil have to do to do the Palmolive commercial. It was the attack of the killer

toe
mA
toes

for shure!! LOL!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Plantgeek - Congratulations on having your poem read on the air!! How exciting.

With all the mudslinging over and done with, all the varmints eaten or driven away, I figure it is safe to come into the cafe now.

I picked a bunch of apricots (lots this year, but very small, I never was any good at greendropping), transplanted some of my Dr. Moy Ginger, cleaned out behind the tool shed, and then was going to take a photo of my lilies....only to discover that someone had cut them between yesterday and when I noticed it this afternoon. This reminded me of someone's complaint earlier this year about someone stealing her opium type poppies.

So, Candee, the only two lilies I had that was anywhere close to your 8 footers are gone - guess I should be glad they only cut the flowers, and not dug it up.

I think I need something stronger than what Milky Joe serves -....

Have a great holiday everyone (Terri - you can celebrate with us too!!!)

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Fireworks!!

Thumbnail by soilsandup

Well Thank you Dianne, I'd love to join the party! Happy 4th of July to everyone.

First lets all raise a glass to Plantgeek for her poem on the radio , YaY!! well done, is it on u tube yet? Can we hear a recording of it somewhere? That is fantastic!!! Love the sound of music, watched it 17 times .
LOL! I'm sounding more like Pippylongstocking everyday!

Look at the size of your tomatoes!!! or is it Tomaytoes? The salads will be wonderful , over the road.... lol.

Nasty lily thief, sorry that happened Dianne. I'll whip something up for you from behind the bar, back in a minute!

This message was edited Jul 5, 2009 3:00 AM

Am I allowed to stay up late tonight please?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

yes madame is allowed to stay up!

Happy 4th Everyone!

Run, they are starting again.....

yipes

Oooooooh

Aaaaaah!

KABOOOM!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Congrats and cheers geekster!!

Wow, that was pretty soils!!

Ka-POOOOOOW!

OOOOOOOOOOo Great fireworks Blossom!

Dianne, Candee hasn't been keeping the bar stocked up lately? strange but true!!!

Firework chocolates !!!!!

Firework cocktails .... cheers all!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey Terri - it is a little past midnight for me here and I am bushed. I don't see where you get your energy. (though I do think you are at least more than a decade younger than me LoL)
Great fireworks Blossom and Terri.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, happy happy ALL! We had fireworks of the best kind here eh! No singed hairs or burned fingers here, just a lot of whoooping and hollering of oooohs and aaahs!

Louisville, KY

Hey Dianne, my boa has a cousin who lives over your way. A very big cousin. Hungry too. She would be most happy to track that lily thief, wouldn't mind a salad with her meal. lol

Great fireworks y'all, and even better that they don't scare the critters.

Thanks for the toast. hic...believe I'll have another. If you google Accents WRFL it will take you to the website. Then, scroll down to the archives. Last Friday's poem isn't in there yet, but I have another from June 5th that is in the archives.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Wonderful fireworks display, well done everyone! Hope all had a great day.
Here's a little somethin for the cafe, mellow yellow.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thought these pinks might look nice in the ladies room.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

So to the powder room we go.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Not sure the acanthus hungaricus makes a very good cut flower, but it is interesting.

Thumbnail by haighr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.