Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The Flowerpot Cafe' 23 Cyber St.

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 269, Views: 1,087
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 30, 2009
3:47 PM

Post #6758699

Hello and Welcome to The Flowerpot Cafe'.
Pop in for a chat and a cuppa anytime! We welcome fresh flowers for our tables everyday.
Our friendly staff, Madame Woodsy and the new girl Dolly will be happy to take your order.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #6758748

Well I will bring my pitcher on over and we can use it on the new bar top. Are all these candles your idea terri, smells like a "french ...house" in here. Can you please blow a few of them out?!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 30, 2009
4:03 PM

Post #6758776

Hi Candee! ohh I thought it created a cosy atmosphere with the candles. As you wish madam... pooooooof!
they are out! Thank you for bringing in our first arrangement, very Beautiful indeed!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 30, 2009
4:22 PM

Post #6758861

Hmmm, Candeeee? Just how do you know what a French*****House smells like? She asks as she ducks and runs out the door...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 30, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #6758872

As some of you know, we have a Sunflower contest going on! Madam Woodsy is very elegantly holding the remaining raffle tickets. If you would like a sunflower please pick a number. 1 - 25.
Here's whats gone already...

Zany 1
elle 2
Gwen 3
Flowertips 4
Plantgeek 7
Lurkers 11
Candee 13
dalfyre 14
Soilsandup 15
Weedwoman 16
Yardqueen 18
Blossom 20
Bloomers 21
Cissy 23

Good luck everyone! I will add your name to the list here if need be.. lol.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2009 6:49 PM

This message was edited Jul 19, 2009 6:18 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 30, 2009
4:26 PM

Post #6758876

Hi Zany, I was thinking that myself!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2009
5:31 PM

Post #6759201

There are some things best left unsaid LOL!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2009
10:57 PM

Post #6760500

(_)?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 30, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #6760642

Thanks for the new thread, Terri.
Candee - great pitcher and great flowers.
BB - I like that cup logo
and it is finally not triple digits in temperature today
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 30, 2009
11:52 PM

Post #6760668

Hi Blossom, one large (_)? for you!
I was inspecting your Sunflower earlier, strange! it seems rather small, but we have a long way to go so not to worry!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

June 30, 2009
11:54 PM

Post #6760671

Oh Hi Dianne, your Sunflower is looking great!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #6760708

(_)? x all here! Ch ch cheerrrrrrszzz!
Ttterri...wha-airs mmmy ttttowell????

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 1, 2009
12:09 AM

Post #6760731

OOOOOOpppps Sorry Blossom, did we leave you soaking in the bath without a towel?
Here ya go, one majik warm you up and dry towel. Now stop fussing will ya!!!! LoL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2009
12:20 AM

Post #6760786

And no clothes! Silly coma girl...! You better have a (____)?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2009
12:22 AM

Post #6760801

(O^O)
...~...

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009 6:24 PM
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2009
11:50 AM

Post #6762652

Nice cuppa there terri, what is that? Glad things are cooling down for you Dianne, we just been having more clouds and rain. HAven't captured the groundhog yet that is eating everything in sight, dang.
Has anyone seen him out back?
BB don't eat the apples that are lying round, they are bait for the gh!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 1, 2009
12:17 PM

Post #6762710

Hey y'all, I brought an armload of beeswax candles. Hmmm, your'e right Zany, it does smell like a French house in here. Not that I would know about that you see. It's what I was told. ;)
Wow, look at all the wonderful arraingements. Y'all rock!
Candee, can we eat the groundhog? lol Or, I can let my boa loose. She'll catch the rascal.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2009
6:13 PM

Post #6763961

Oh by all means let the boa loose. Now ya'll be careful outback boa is on the move and hopefully will have a full belly soon!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2009
3:32 AM

Post #6766537

zzzzOOOOOM! iM OUTA HERE IF THAT CANTANKEROUS BOA IS ON THE LOOSE! He best be making himself invisible to me. You know me and them pithy vipers of yourn do not get along!

Geek, are those road apples on the ground or regular apples? Bloomers will take a box of chocolate covered roads if you got them.

Well, I gotta go to the Rival.. I hear tell dinners on and its gonna be something scrummy! Anyone joining me, I hear tell its a buffet!

Chow!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 2, 2009
2:52 PM

Post #6767943

Hi everyone!
Candee the big cuppa plant pot has a cordyline? sp and celosas planted in it.
Nice one Plantgeek!! It's getting to that time of year when I'll be sending my 14year old over to you for the summer,
please sort out her attitude problem!!!

Any apples found on the ground must remain at the flowerpot!
Milky Joe is not allowed to cross the road, she works here!
Good day.

All flavours available!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 2, 2009
5:39 PM

Post #6768637

LOL Terri. Send her on over here. There's no problem duct-tape and a closet won't fix. Better yet, I'll sing her into behaiving. I'll give you a sample...Ahem... The hills are alive, with the sound of music..lalalala...See there, even the voles left.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2009
1:02 PM

Post #6772010

Drat, Bloomers was soooo hoping for the chocolate roads...

...I need a(_)? Joe... me head is spinning for some dang reason.

Whaaat the heck happened, last I recall I was soaking in a fine tub that terri did for me and..., hmmmm must of slipped and fell some how.. I got a bump on my head and... Hooooly mackeral, why am I weeearing this... this this..hiss hissss hisssssssss. YIPES?

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 3, 2009
3:35 PM

Post #6772550

Hey y'all, one of my poems will be read at 4pm today on a radio show - Accents, a litereary spot on WRFL, 88.1 in Lexington , Ky. They have a website that has live-streaming and an archive in case you miss it. Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance, happy dance.

Blossom, now don't panic. She's harmless, just passing through looking for varmits. She saw that thing on your head and thought it might be one, but I told her it wasn't. See, there she goes on her way. All is well. Ohmmmmmmm
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2009
5:36 PM

Post #6777156

OOOHMmmmmmmm...OMG!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2009
8:57 PM

Post #6777809

well thanks for that geek, but jeez will ya just look at these hands now!!

I cant go on,

I simply cannot go on

Someone else wil have to do to do the Palmolive commercial. It was the attack of the killer

toe
mA
toes

for shure!! LOL!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2009
11:47 PM

Post #6778345

Plantgeek - Congratulations on having your poem read on the air!! How exciting.

With all the mudslinging over and done with, all the varmints eaten or driven away, I figure it is safe to come into the cafe now.

I picked a bunch of apricots (lots this year, but very small, I never was any good at greendropping), transplanted some of my Dr. Moy Ginger, cleaned out behind the tool shed, and then was going to take a photo of my lilies...only to discover that someone had cut them between yesterday and when I noticed it this afternoon. This reminded me of someone's complaint earlier this year about someone stealing her opium type poppies.

So, Candee, the only two lilies I had that was anywhere close to your 8 footers are gone - guess I should be glad they only cut the flowers, and not dug it up.

I think I need something stronger than what Milky Joe serves -...

Have a great holiday everyone (Terri - you can celebrate with us too!!!)

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2009

Post #6778369

Fireworks!!

Thumbnail by soilsandup

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 5, 2009

Post #6778430

Well Thank you Dianne, I'd love to join the party! Happy 4th of July to everyone.

First lets all raise a glass to Plantgeek for her poem on the radio , YaY!! well done, is it on u tube yet? Can we hear a recording of it somewhere? That is fantastic!!! Love the sound of music, watched it 17 times .
LOL! I'm sounding more like Pippylongstocking everyday!

Look at the size of your tomatoes!!! or is it Tomaytoes? The salads will be wonderful , over the road... lol.

Nasty lily thief, sorry that happened Dianne. I'll whip something up for you from behind the bar, back in a minute!

This message was edited Jul 5, 2009 3:00 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 5, 2009
12:15 AM

Post #6778460

Am I allowed to stay up late tonight please?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2009
12:39 AM

Post #6778563

yes madame is allowed to stay up!

Happy 4th Everyone!

Run, they are starting again...

yipes

Oooooooh

Aaaaaah!

KABOOOM!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2009
1:31 AM

Post #6778736

Congrats and cheers geekster!!

Wow, that was pretty soils!!

Ka-POOOOOOW!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 5, 2009
1:51 AM

Post #6778807

OOOOOOOOOOo Great fireworks Blossom!

Dianne, Candee hasn't been keeping the bar stocked up lately? strange but true!!!

Firework chocolates !!!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 5, 2009
2:22 AM

Post #6778903

Firework cocktails ... cheers all!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2009
7:21 AM

Post #6779418

Hey Terri - it is a little past midnight for me here and I am bushed. I don't see where you get your energy. (though I do think you are at least more than a decade younger than me LoL)
Great fireworks Blossom and Terri.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2009
12:26 PM

Post #6779692

Well, happy happy ALL! We had fireworks of the best kind here eh! No singed hairs or burned fingers here, just a lot of whoooping and hollering of oooohs and aaahs!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 5, 2009
12:49 PM

Post #6779724

Hey Dianne, my boa has a cousin who lives over your way. A very big cousin. Hungry too. She would be most happy to track that lily thief, wouldn't mind a salad with her meal. lol

Great fireworks y'all, and even better that they don't scare the critters.

Thanks for the toast. hic...believe I'll have another. If you google Accents WRFL it will take you to the website. Then, scroll down to the archives. Last Friday's poem isn't in there yet, but I have another from June 5th that is in the archives.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2009
11:42 PM

Post #6781954

Wonderful fireworks display, well done everyone! Hope all had a great day.
Here's a little somethin for the cafe, mellow yellow.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #6781959

Thought these pinks might look nice in the ladies room.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2009
11:47 PM

Post #6781964

So to the powder room we go.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2009
11:50 PM

Post #6781995

Not sure the acanthus hungaricus makes a very good cut flower, but it is interesting.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2009
11:52 PM

Post #6782005

See how droopy it got?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2009
11:55 PM

Post #6782024

Oranges and yellows, where shall we put this one?

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2009
12:24 AM

Post #6782134

GORGEOUS!!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #6782188

Geek, now Momma Tern has a very serious request to ask boa... and that is for boa to please vacate her territory,. She is about to hatch 4 little babies and it would terribly upset 6foot2 and Blossom and herself if boa accidentally, well, you know, like gobbled up her children thinking they were varmints.

This also goes for the stray cats in the neighb. You guys are the worst in assualting us ground layers and well I have had it wiith you. Pappa tern has been missing for a few weeks and well, if he is not back in time for the hatch, do you realize how difficult it is gonna be for me as a single mamma to raise them?

Soz, please Geek, one superdoooooper requested potion to keep them out for the sake of the kids! And thanks and congrats on the poetry thingee! Thats waaaaaay coool!

This message was edited Jul 5, 2009 7:27 PM

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2009
11:31 AM

Post #6783660

How rude, I am so sorry forgot about the poetry reading. You must be thrilled, we have a real celebrity in our midst!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 6, 2009
11:57 AM

Post #6783712

No problem Blossom. Miss Boa says rodents taste better anyway and there are plenty around. She also will be happy to patrol the nursery for feral felines. What's that my pet? Oh, she wants to know if she can eat your neighbor's cow. All this talk around the cafe about milkshakes has made her curious about how they taste and since she doesn't like too much sugar, well, y'all get the idea.

Thanks Candee. Yes, I'm tickled pink. Never thought I'd have a poem read on the air when I started scribbling them out.
BTW, love your droopy bloomers. lol
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2009
1:29 PM

Post #6784011

mISS BOA MIGHT BE ABLE TO CUDDLE THE NEIGHBORS COW, BUT i DO NOT THINK SHE CAN GET A GRIP ON IT TO EAT IT... ER, IS SHE thaaaaaat big? omg,...NO i CANT STAND IT, i CANNOT STAND TO SEE A BOA THAT LARGE!

So sorry for hollering! I fell in a huge hole and well, least there is no echo! LOL!

Now be off, go cuddle that cow if it tricks her trigger... least as it will give boa something to do whilst the children grow up.

And ohhhh yes, cuddle the cats. THEY REALLLLLLLY REALLLLY LIK! LIKE IT! And I am so very positive you will tooo! Many parts are rodentish ya know! hehehehe! LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 6, 2009
2:28 PM

Post #6784284

Hi everyone!
Beautiful flowers arrangements Candee. I'll have the orange and yellow one on my table at the front window please!
So glad you stocked up the bar, we were really running low! Did you let the Acanthus have a long drink before you made the arrangement? I think it's dramatic and looks good with the other textures. Mellow yellow is sweet and fresh,
Love the pink one for the ladies room, I seem to spend more time in there theses days powdering my nose LoL!
Lovely vase, like the way the arrangement follows the shape of it. I'm So Happy to see your beautiful flowers here at the cafe'.

Now Plantgeek !! I've beeen trying to find you on the radio, but haven't yet LoL! I downloaded something by a Bulgarian poet by mistake, not sure what I'm looking fior !!!! help.

So nice to have the front table, I can see the comings and goings over the road ! I see elle over there, I think maybe Bloomers kidnapped her or something!! How are we gonna get our elle back??
Nice coffee today, who made it?
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2009
4:02 PM

Post #6784755

I put the acanthus in water immediately if that is what you mean? Was I supposed to give it a sip from my cup first LOL? What do you mean?
I think our elle needs a chaperone to come over here with her, I think she is stuck in cyber space getting to this new cafe. Perhaps a link on another thread would help.
Will be taking Steve for a treatment tomorrow and then off to Ohio to welcome the new grandson. Will be around a bit more today and perhaps a little tomorrow, but then on the road. Keep the cafe fires burning until my return!
BB and plant please stay outta trouble while I am gone!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 6, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #6784815

Terri, sounds like you are on the right track. The show's host is Bulgarian. Google "Accents on WRFL", then scroll down the page. You will see a list of dates/names in the archives. Click on June 5th. My piece is there near the begining.

Blossom, just close your eyes and say "There's no place like home, no place like home. lol Poor dear. Here, I made you a cup of lemon balm tea. This will soothe your nerves.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 6, 2009
4:17 PM

Post #6784818

Hi Candee, LoL, it looks like it may be a bit drunk!
Hope the new arrival arrives on time lol! I'll be calling you Gramdma again then ?
Hope everything goes well and safe journey.
I'll try to keep the place orderly while you are gone, but you know how it is around here.!!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 6, 2009
4:19 PM

Post #6784826

Stay out of trouble? What fun is that? I had bail money and everything.

Hope all goes well Candee.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2009
4:46 PM

Post #6784924

Well, if I gotta chant that geek, I need to find the ruby red slippers... you know that spell will not work without the rubies!

Bail money??? how much...!! You brobably got bulgarian rubbles or snox or whatever it is over there!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2009
7:47 PM

Post #6785602

Plantgeek - thanks for your offer of the boa to catch the lily thief.

Candee - great arrangements, and congratulations on another grandchild.

Blossom - you always manage to get yourself into the weirdest of predicaments LoL.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 6, 2009
11:23 PM

Post #6786334

Hello Dianne!!!!!! Are you going to help me keep the place going while the cats sorry, while Candee's away? LOL!

Will have another look, I'm sure there's no Plantgeek there LOL!

elles having an awful lot of chocolate cake over there, see her out the window Dianne?
I think Bloomers is force feeding her now!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 7, 2009
5:38 PM

Post #6789321

hi aqll
my numder is 2
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 7, 2009
5:46 PM

Post #6789343

Hello elle, welcome back! number 2 is a fine Sunflower, good luck dear!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 8, 2009
1:13 AM

Post #6791070

Candee's back on a flying visit ... quick tidy up!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 8, 2009
11:20 AM

Post #6792333

Oh crap, where's that magic wand? hehehe I thought this chair was lumpy. Poof! All clear.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 8, 2009
1:59 PM

Post #6792797

Hi Plantgeek, Thanks for the help, FALSE ALARM!!!!! she's gone!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 8, 2009
2:06 PM

Post #6792828

hi all
i just stop by to see all that going on
i still on the run
oo yes my cake is gooooooood
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 8, 2009
2:07 PM

Post #6792830

elles gone back over the road ... lol!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2009
1:41 AM

Post #6795709

Weird predickaments??? and here I thought all was normal!! LOL!

Pooof!

Hey, where'd I
go?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 9, 2009
12:19 PM

Post #6796977

Blossom, better let me have that wand. It has a hair trigger and your'e liable to end up on Jupiter or some nebula in outer Andromeda where the residents like visitors lightly seasoned.

Elle, don't work too hard and kiss the gtoats for me.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2009
1:40 PM

Post #6797241

OMG! I turned into a burro! QWICK! SOMEBODY KISS ME so I can turn back into a frog. Gads its been a ruff day! Its those ruby slippers, they are still missing!

Now I need two pair!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 9, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #6797556

Hi everyone!
All Majik wands must be used today to make Birthday treats for Soilsandup 'Dianne' s Birthday!

Happy Birthday Dianne! Have some fresh fruit to start your day!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2009
3:19 AM

Post #6800328

Happy Birthday soils!! Nice job terri... ribbbet...heeyaw, ribbet HEEEYaw!

Here is a spare pair of ruby reds for soils birthday too and to get you home. Somehow I got six pairs of them now...

Rubbet!, heeyaw, crooooak! Burp!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 10, 2009
11:02 AM

Post #6800998

Happy Birthday Dianne!!!! Poof- for you, one gianormous calorie-free, everlasting chocolate castle complete with a milkshake moat, fire-breathing cinamon flavored dragon and a cherry tiara.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2009

Post #6801064

Poof!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 10, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #6801552

hi all
happy brithday dianne
and happy july to every one
raining here this moring
this is my day off
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2009
3:32 PM

Post #6801970

Thanks, everyone. Terri - the fruits are very refreshing - perfect for a hot summers day.
PG = chocolate is my most favorite flavor, especially when it is calorie free. The Cherry tiara will go very nicely with my new spiffy red shoes from Blossom.

Elle - have a great day off. The last rain we have seen was about 2 months ago.

Went dancing for a bit last night and had a great time. Did not feel like 56 at all.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 10, 2009
4:14 PM

Post #6802250

Hi everyone!
Dianne, thought you might be dancing the night away somewhere lol! Have a sit down on your new chair dear ..lol.
How comes Dianne gets a castle? not fair LOL!
Enjoy your day off elle, it's been raining all week here!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 10, 2009
4:21 PM

Post #6802302

There's a piano in the salon Dianne!! ... all together now...

Happy Birthday to you ...
Happy Birthday to you...

dear Dianne, Happy Birthday to you!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 10, 2009
9:33 PM

Post #6803533

Fresh flowers for a few tables!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 11, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #6805882

Lettuce be having your order folks! lol, Thanks Dianne!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 11, 2009
1:47 PM

Post #6805886

hi all
this is what keep me buies yesterday
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 11, 2009
1:51 PM

Post #6805896

Ahhhh so sweet elle! how many hatched?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 11, 2009
1:53 PM

Post #6805905

hi

Thumbnail by ellesgh

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 11, 2009
1:55 PM

Post #6805912

hi
we had 12 out of 18
half black and the other yellow
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 11, 2009
1:56 PM

Post #6805917

Will you keep them ?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 11, 2009
2:09 PM

Post #6805984

Enjoy a cuppa elle, I've got to go out, see you later!...

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 11, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #6806511

Congratulation Elle on a fine looking brood. When I was a kid ( just yesterday wasn't it?) I loved going to my Auntie's farm to watch the chicks hatch. 12 out of 18 seems to be a pretty good percentage.

Terri, Lettuce not forget to add that your arrangements are wonderful also. Orange you the clever gal!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 12, 2009
12:23 AM

Post #6808185

LoL ZanY.crazyzainyhair!! Thanks for the happy orange juice!

Just bringing in a few snacks for the evening nibbles at the bar...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 12, 2009
12:28 AM

Post #6808206

There's plenty to go around ...

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 13, 2009
12:41 AM

Post #6811896

Looks like quite a birthday party Dianne, congrats, hopin you had a great time.
The cafe looks quite ravishing with all the treats and the place is so clean I hardly recognize it. Guess you have all taken good care of the place in my absence.
Nice chicks there elle, I have never seen anything like that in an egg carton before.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 13, 2009
1:48 AM

Post #6812151

Welcome back Candee! Congrats on being a Grandma again, hope all is well.

Phew, I think we passed the inspection!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 13, 2009
11:45 AM

Post #6813250

Yeah, as long as no one open the closet door. lol

Congrats Candee!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 13, 2009
11:43 PM

Post #6815976

LOL, Plantgeek!

Hi everyone,
Just popping in to say Hi, hope everyone is fine and dandy.
Been out to a concert tonight... 302 kids in a gospel choir, great! but please let me sit in a quiet corner, my ears took a bashing .. lol!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 14, 2009

Post #6817452

Poor dear, have some lemon balm tea. It's very soothing for the nerves.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 15, 2009
5:47 PM

Post #6823061

Oh my, what a night, please put your feet up and chillax a bit.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 16, 2009
5:47 PM

Post #6827095

hi all
have a good day every one
work today and friday
then 3 day off
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 17, 2009
4:47 PM

Post #6831023

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the lemon balm tea Plantgeek! So sad to tell you that the Beargrass hasn't come up, not one! Wish I hadn't sowed all the seeds at the same time, but maybe they just take a very long time to germinate and there is still hope?

Have fun at the cabin for the weekend Candee!

Hi elle, enjoy your 3 days off, but with all your animals to look after I doubt you get much time to rest?

Your Sunflowers are all growing well!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 17, 2009
4:59 PM

Post #6831069

Numbers 1-15 on the right
Numbers 16-25 on the left.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 17, 2009
7:45 PM

Post #6831630

Well dang. Sometimes seeds do take a while. Don't give up yet Terri.
Beautiful yard BTW
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 18, 2009
3:58 PM

Post #6834552

Thanks Plantgeek, I won't give up, I'll keep watering and wait and see!
Glad you like my allotment!

Ice cream cones on the menu today, have a seat and chillax everyone!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 18, 2009
4:00 PM

Post #6834563

Vanilla and lime twist is quite refreshing ..

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 19, 2009
3:11 PM

Post #6837647

Yummers! Thanks Terri. Love that lime.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 19, 2009
5:17 PM

Post #6837966

Hello Plantgeeeeeeeeek! A tiny tiny little thing has come up in the beargrass tray, could it be? ... yippy!!!!!
will keep a close eye on it and let you know.

Here's the tuti fruti special for today...
Madame Woodsy still has Sunflower tickets. I'm allocating number 11 to Lurkers, good luck!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

July 20, 2009
11:47 AM

Post #6840864

Whoohoo!!!! Congrats Terri. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Love that tuti-fruiti, oh Rudi Woooo!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 22, 2009
11:34 PM

Post #6852593

Hi everyone. Thought I'd drop by with a couple arrangements for the cafe. Went to the cabin this past weekend, then busy at home Sunday. Then babysat Abygail on Monday and Tuesday.
elle, nice you had a few days off, hope you had some time to enjoy yourself.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2009 7:37 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 22, 2009
11:36 PM

Post #6852603

Here is another with a bit of zinnia and pretty pinks

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 22, 2009
11:38 PM

Post #6852612

More leaf action with those bearded iris leaves. Don't like the flower but love the leaf fans.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 22, 2009
11:40 PM

Post #6852620

Fluffy frills in pink and blue liatris

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 23, 2009
6:29 PM

Post #6855911

And I would like to introduce my grandson Colton. Can't stay in the cafe long as there isn't much here he can eat or drink just yet.

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 23, 2009
6:38 PM

Post #6855942

Hi Colton! Welcome to the cafe'. We will need to stock up on peanuts and crackerjacks for you in a few years but for now we have some nice milk we can warm up for you if it will help keep you around for a while ;~)
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2009
7:03 PM

Post #6856035

Candee - great arrangements for the cafe table. Those are pretty leaves edged in white.

Whenever I celebrate I birthday, I will always think of Colton. He is a cutie.

Hi Zany - hope you are doing well in Northern CA. We finally had a couple of days that are not over 100 degrees!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 24, 2009
4:54 AM

Post #6858098

Hi back at ya Soils. We are having our annual summer weather here. Coastal fog morning and night with lovely 75 degree days. Pyxle and I are lovin' it!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2009
7:51 PM

Post #6860392

Thanks, good to know Colton shares a birthday with such a wonderful person. Zany, he thanks you for the warm welcome and the "shot" of warm milk.
Hey, been busy working on the cafe on 23rd St. and welcome to the new fountain garden. Though I would unveil it so that Sue could come and warm herself with some sunshine and flowers and a bit of water that has not turned to ice yet! Enjoy, I worked very hard at it. Need some arrangements for the outside cafe tables now everyone.

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 25, 2009
5:49 AM

Post #6862458

Whooo Whoooo! An island paradise cafe. I'll take a nice table in the shade and a tall glass of iced tea.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 27, 2009
11:38 AM

Post #6870243

Your wish is Ms. Woodsy's command Zany. Have a seat right here, hope you meant Long Island iced tea as I believe that is woodsy's specialty!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 27, 2009
4:37 PM

Post #6871392

Long Island Iced Tea will be great! I haven't had one in about 20 years and had forgotten all about them.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 27, 2009
5:23 PM

Post #6871572

Have madame Woodsy make me one too. They are my favorite. Problem is, they are so sweet that you forget the amount of alcohol in them, and then it really hits you.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 27, 2009
6:14 PM

Post #6871739

Doesn't matter Dianne nor Zany, there is a lot of soft cushion all around the cafe garden and nice soft pillows to fall down on.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 27, 2009
6:25 PM

Post #6871782

LOL I am very "fluffy" in body so if I fall my natural padding will keep me safe ;~}
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
2:38 AM

Post #6873705

Hi everyone! Candee said I should come by so here I am! Sorry I've been away...but I got lost after the Cafe moved to Cyber Street...it isn't on my map.

Anyways...how's everyone doing? I think we should add some more plants to the bed in front of the Cafe as it looks kind of empty since all the flowers have been cut!
...Oh, wait! I know! I'll bring some plants over to fill it up again!

Be right back!
Steven
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #6873712

Heres a nice daylily called 'Lacey Doily'

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
2:42 AM

Post #6873726

Heres some brain flowers(Celosia)...this is the first year I grew them from seed and they're coming along well! Bigger then the ones you buy at the nursery...

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
2:44 AM

Post #6873732

some orange

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
2:45 AM

Post #6873738

and a pot marigold which should reseed if we don't pick all the blooms!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
12:02 PM

Post #6874703

Oh Steven, I am so glad to have you back and you didn't come empty handed LOL. I swear I will do my best to not pick anything, but you know some of us just can't be trusted LOL!
Zany LOL you ole "softy"
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 28, 2009
1:12 PM

Post #6874923

Hi everyone! I'm back!!! Been having trouble with our computer (long on going dispute with our internet provider).

Nice to see your Grandson Candee, Thank you for bringing Colton in to visit his Aunties! He looks so peaceful there, so cute! I've made him a liitle chair, he's a bit young for it yet but will keep it at the cafe' for when he's sitting up!
Thanks for all the pretty arrangemennts, the Iris leaf fan is great. Love the new fountain garden, what a fabulous new feature!

Hi Steven, Great to see you back, glad you found us on Cyber St. Your flowers are looking good, love the 'brains' Celosa, wish I had sown some seeds of those, but then again we have yours at the cafe to enjoy now! Thanks for adding new plants to our flower bed in the front.
There are still Sunflower raffle tickets left, see Madam Woodsy, she has the remaining numbers... Good Luck!
I will update those soon, some have started to flower!!

Little blue cornflowers chair for Colton.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 28, 2009
3:54 PM

Post #6875552

hi all
we are starting some more egg
18 again
i guess i will have a chickern farm
the temp here is greate
we are going to get a little rain
i off to worh today
but i got the next 2 day off
then i can work at home
every body have a fine day
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
5:35 PM

Post #6875925

Thank you so much for Colton's chair, he will love it. Perhaps Eva (big sister) can sit in it and hold him for the first time.
Hey elle, chicken farm it is then, you will be the hatching queen! Have a great day, just stopped in to drop off this bouquet for the bar.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2009
5:37 PM

Post #6875932

Also wanted to drop off this salmon dahlia and it is difficult but it is backed with dwarf flowering plum.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
12:41 AM

Post #6877639

Hi Candee, Gorgeous dahlia, it looks quite stunning alone in your beautiful crystal glass, Love it when you have flowers, it's great to see what you make and lovely to have fresh flowers here all the time!
Oh little eva has her own chair, a bit bigger than coltons! Big sis wants to feel special in her own chair, Grandma!! lol.
Eva's chair has yellow snapdragons to play with and a lovely pink zinnia cushion!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #6877662

Hi elle, missed you girlfriend!!! good to hear you are doing ok and getting plenty of eggs!
Your Sunflower number 2 is flowering!!! congratulations!! It has the biggest flowerhead and is really beautiful.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
12:48 AM

Post #6877673

Zany yours has a bud!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
12:50 AM

Post #6877678

Plantgeek ... yours is very tall...

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 29, 2009
4:47 AM

Post #6878695

The Sunflowers are lookin' good there Terri. That big bloom on Elle's is sunshine at it's best!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 29, 2009
1:37 PM

Post #6879519

hi all
love my sun flower
the next two day will be buies around the fram
we got a old trailer house which we are planing to put a roof over it
we are then going to remold the inside
big plan
a new house for all my chicken
need about 3
well need to go into town to buy food for all the animal
we feed all the animal well here
have a good day
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 29, 2009
3:34 PM

Post #6879995

Well that makes sense elle, if you feed the animals well they will return the deed by producing good food for you inreturn.
The new chicken house sounds like quite project. You will have to keep us posted with some transitioning photos.
thanks terri, I really like that color myself.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
4:39 PM

Post #6880320

Hi everyone!
Thanks Zany, yours won't be long before it's flowering. The seeds I used were all mixed, some are singles and some have buds going up the stems. Elle's has a lovely flowerhead, lots of seeds in there!
Sounds like you have a busy few days ahead elle, hope the new chicken house comes together well.

I'm bringing in a few arrangements, here's our new flower screeen for the lounge area.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6880329

A jug of sweet peas...

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 29, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #6880334

How rude is that I totally forgot to mention the beautiful Eva chair. She will be a little princess sitting on her throne, thank you.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
4:48 PM

Post #6880350

A weave sculpture with strawflowers and sticks!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #6880367

Eva is most welcome, our little princess can come to play anytime!
We have a selection of ice lollies...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6880374

Summer punch for Happy hour this evening!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
4:56 PM

Post #6880384

It's quite strong so go easy Candee!! LOL.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 29, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #6880397

It even looks wickedly delicious, I better wait till I have at least driven home from work!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
5:04 PM

Post #6880419

Yes, good idea!
Got to go shopping now, have a nice evening everyone. bye!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2009
7:04 PM

Post #6880899

Terri - love your weave arrangement and the flower wall. Was that something you picked up at a second hand store. I also like how you picked the crocosmia with the leaves attached and had it fanning out of a frog.

Elle - your chicken farm is growing by leaps and bounds! good luck with your new project.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
8:17 PM

Post #6881202

Hi Dianne, Thank you! The flower screen was bought new many years ago! It usually has candles in it on the patio outside, just thought it was a way of displaying a collection of flowers, especially ones with short stems and when there's only a few of each.
I used your 'imitating' the plant shape technique for the crocosmia, Thanks for that idea!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
10:10 PM

Post #6881703

The weave was lots of fun, here is the whole new ole boot arrangement!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 29, 2009
10:13 PM

Post #6881729

Thanks for saying Dianne, glad you like it!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2009
2:06 AM

Post #6882869

Elle, shall I cut your sunflower and bring it to the cafe' or leave it on the plant a while longer???
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
2:02 PM

Post #6884391

Just dropping by to say good morning. Going to the cabin tomorrow and hope to have a buyer for our jeep.
:)
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

July 30, 2009
3:13 PM

Post #6884677

you can put it in the cafe
for every one can see it and love it
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2009
4:04 PM

Post #6884912

Hi Candee, Good Luck selling the jeep, hope everything turns out positive. Have a nice time at the cabin for the weekend, if I don't bump into you here before then ..lol!
Hi elle, Ok I will cut and measure it!
Back later, got visitors.. bye
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
5:41 PM

Post #6885335

Terri, Can I take sunflower #22? BTW, thats a very nice chair you made. It looks nice and coushy(sp?). And Mmm mmm mmm, those ice lollies are goooood!

Candee, I noticed some of the marigolds are missing from the garden...*raises eyebrow*...did you perhaps... see anyone suspicious?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2009
8:02 PM

Post #6885853

Hi Steven, Number 22 is yours then, good luck! Thankyou, glad you liked the Celosa lollies and cushy chair..lol.
I remember your lily bud arrangement last year, have you had many flowers this year? Is Miss Bruggie still available for work?

oops, sorry about the marigolds I thought they were for cutting!

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009 10:42 PM

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
8:57 PM

Post #6886097

Yay! I'm in the contest! I just made some flowers a minute ago and set up to take their picture and realized my camera was dead! Darn it! So my cameras charging now...
I've made a couple arrangements this year but have been hesitant to cut blooms so far :) But alot of things are coming into flower now so theres more choices!
And ,Oh Yes, Miss Bruggie is available for work and has grown alot! She is getting ready for a flush of blooms and theres 35 buds and counting! WOO! I'll get a pic of her as well!

AH HA! So YOU cut the marigolds!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
9:11 PM

Post #6886160

Ok, so the camera charged enough to take a few pics and now it's charging again so I can take pics of Miss Bruggies friends.

Heres the flowers I just made :)

Cracker Jack Marigolds, The Fairy Roses, Balcon something Ivy Geranium and Blue Star Swan River Dasies.

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
9:12 PM

Post #6886162

veiw from the top

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
9:13 PM

Post #6886168

I tried to do the blooms so they'd match the ones on the cup

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
9:15 PM

Post #6886177

and heres one thats been going for a couple weeks now. I add a few blooms here and there and also the ones that get bitten off by the evil vole that inhabits our yard.

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 30, 2009
9:41 PM

Post #6886291

They are lovely Steven! I like the way you picked up the blooms on the cup, great idea!
So good to have you back with us making arrangements! Very nice vase too!
Good to hear Miss Bruggie is still with us and has got bigger, Madame Woodsy will be glad of the help I'm sure!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 31, 2009
6:19 AM

Post #6888277

That is a lovely grouping of flowers. I especially like the way the blue daisies add an airy feeling to the compactness of the rest.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

July 31, 2009
1:19 PM

Post #6888857

Miss Bruggie and friends are here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1021349/

This message was edited Jul 31, 2009 2:21 PM
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

July 31, 2009
3:00 PM

Post #6889303

Hi Zany and thank you! I had to re-do it this morning when some of the blooms had leaned over and lifted out of the water. But it still looks basicly looks the same.

Terri, Miss Bruggie will be able to bring her whole family to work soon so we can have a whole staff with Madame Woodsy as the general manager!

OH! And if anyone has any of those big marigolds like I used, beware because I discovered they're basic an insect appartment complex!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 1, 2009
12:14 PM

Post #6893168

Hi Steven, Great news, service should be improved with the Bruggies in the kitchen! Madame will be pleased!

ahhhhhhhhhh what's that in my soup? ... I see what you mean about the insect appartment complex.. LOL!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2009
3:37 PM

Post #6893784

Wooo! Just came in from outside a few minutes ago and it's a hot one today! The sun is strong today, makes you feel like your insides are being brought to a boil! Had to come in.

*sniff* *sniff*

Mmm! Soups smells good! I do see something floating in it though...oh well...whatever it is will just be some extra protein!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 1, 2009
5:24 PM

Post #6894202

It's raining here .. again! I'd love a bit of your sunshine, it's so dark and gloomy like November..lol.
Thanks Steven, you were lucky to try the soup. ' soup of the day ' has sold out already, must be the protein!!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2009
5:38 PM

Post #6894253

It's been sunny and warm her for a couple days now...other then that it has just been raining and cold and cloudy. But now it's finally getting hot! YAY! Hopefully it stays nice out cause theres a get-together tonight and we're supposed to be going horseback riding tonight! I've never done it before! Should be fun!

The soup was very good, I think I saw Madame W eating out of the pot though! Her wages should get docked for that I think.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 1, 2009

Post #6894279

Wow, horse riding! have loads of fun, try not to fall off.. lol!
I just let Candee deal with Madame W, I don't get involved!!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2009
7:19 PM

Post #6894484

hahaha, ok I'll try!

Well I hope Candee docks her wages then because I think Madam Woodsy left a sliver in my soup too! I can see why you don't get involved, she seems pretty tempermental!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 1, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #6894597

Tempermental... you could say that!!! although she's always as nice as pie when Candee is here... LoL!

I'll save you some summer triffle, lets hope you know who keeps her fingers out!!!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2009
8:48 PM

Post #6894759

Mmm, thanks! I'll have that when I get back...assuming it's still sliver free.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2009
12:43 AM

Post #6899501

Certainly hope you enjoyed that truffle Steven, looks delightful. Madame W is off today and I gave her an extra day w/o pay to pay for any problems. She does get under even the toughest of skins sometimes and she knows it as well!
Those flowers are so soft and lovely Steven what a nice surprise upon my return from the mountains. I made some arrangements today as well and hope to bring them in tomorrow. Lots in bloom right now and want to enjy them as long as we have left. Very hot here today as well after some rain this weekend.
Got the grass cut at the cabin and got in the creek a bit on Sat and ate well for days on end again! Now back to the grind of work and little play!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #6902350

Care to join me for a cuppa tea?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #6902357

White dahlia still to open, few zinnia, zebra grass for the cafe gardens.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2009
6:22 PM

Post #6902360

Giant dahlia and purple salvia.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2009
6:22 PM

Post #6902363

Rose of Sharon, Joe Pyeweed and a zinna

told ya I was busy yesterday!

This message was edited Aug 3, 2009 2:23 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2009
7:11 PM

Post #6902562

Well I'm glad to hear Candee that Madame Woodsy got her pay docked! Someone had clearly stuck their(wooden) fingers in my triffle! Maybe I'll rent a wood chipper and park it outside the Cafe door...think she'd get my point? The mulch on the flower beds is looking a little thin...
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #6902655

Here's the directions to the Kale Kontest, it's in the veggie patch behind the Cafe...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1022840/
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 4, 2009
12:57 AM

Post #6903913

Hi everyone!

Beautiful arrangements Candee! Love the movement with the use of Zebra grass. The cafe' gardens are looking very inviting with all these lovely flowers, the last one is so elegant, Thanks for the cuppa!
BTW, did you sell the jeep? Sounds like you had a good weekend, nice it was warm enough to go in the creek!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 4, 2009
1:00 AM

Post #6903927

Thanks for link Steven, haven't got my seeds yet! LoL it's a good job woodys got the day off... Chillax!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 4, 2009
6:09 AM

Post #6905048

Hmmm... has anyone seen Dolly about? She said something about needing some wood putty to fill in where she pulled at a hang nail that left a very thin gouge in her right index finger. I offered to use wood glue to put the piece back but she seems to have lost it somewhere.

Now I think she is hiding somewhere in embarrasment and that it is possible that Miss Woodsy may be taking the rap for her. I do hope Dolly will show up soon and clear this up.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2009
12:06 PM

Post #6905376

Well Madame had some words with me after everyone left last evening. She got the message on the wood chipper, but it was not appreciated. She said she feels she does an excellent job around here. She didn't understand even why I cut her pay, but will acquiesce to that as it is water under the bridge, but she does insist that the woodchipper be moved!
psst, Steven she did get the message and I watched as she sulked away knowing that we were right, but too proud to admit to it!
Thanks on the arrangements Terri, I got that grass manipulation from you as you know! Thanks for the great lessons in maneuvering things outside their norm. I think that last one is in the vase and bowl you saw in my cupboard last year with the Holly Hobby on it, just turned it around to the back side. You know how I never show my "back side" lol!
Zany, I doubt that Woodsy is taking the rap for anyone, she hardly fesses up to her own imperfections. I bet dolly is around here somewhere, why don't you try whistling, I know she sometimes responds to that!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 4, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #6905647

Hi everyone!
Well, I'm glad you smoothed things over with Madame Candee!
Zany, I still haven't set eyes on Dolly, I seem to miss her everytime I pop in here.. All I know is that she has BIG hair!!!
What colour is it? what does Dolly look like????

These two turned up looking for work. Hope you don't mind but I sent them on their way!!! I thought they might frighten the children ..lol! scary couple !!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2009
7:06 PM

Post #6906721

Well good! I'm glad Madame W got the message! I'll move the chipper ASAP...

...Ya I'll move it out back so she'll get double shock when she takes out the kitchen scraps!

OH! And about Dolly...Milky Joe told me she saw her after hours taking money from a STRANGER! Dolly was apparently handing the stranger something as well...a little brown package tied up with string. And apparently she also promised to give those two scary people that showed up earlier a good reference! Now she's gone missing! I smell a mystery, what should we do?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 4, 2009
9:29 PM

Post #6907252

NO!!! I don't believe it!!! not for one minute! Dolly came here HIGHLY recommended by Zany.

I'm sorry Steven, but I think your're just making it up!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2009
10:17 PM

Post #6907444

Milky Joe saw it from the dining room and Miss Bruggies cousin saw it from the back gate...
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 5, 2009
6:52 AM

Post #6909277

Oh, dear! Dolly is still missing and she is such a country gal that I fear she would get into a strangers car without a second thought. A brown bag? Hmmm maybe they conned her into bringing a take out order to their car then grabbed her when she took the money for it. Do you think Milky Joe or the cousin got a license plate or could give a description of the shady characters?
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2009
2:11 PM

Post #6909947

I am really glad you sent those two characters on their way terri, they just would not fit in around here.
As for Dolly, I bet she has been selling extra supplies from the back, I don't think she is as innocent as she lead you to believe Zany. I have noticed that there is never any extra sugar or spices, could she be getting a good deal on them from some black market?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 5, 2009
4:13 PM

Post #6910444

Dear, sweet, innocent, naive Dolly? She can be a bit of a knot head but a thief? She has been a bit quieter than usual the past few weeks but I think that is just because she has been a little homesick since her Aunt Gnarly Oak and Uncle Blackthorne came to visit. When they left she got to be a bit of a weeping willow.

She does have a bit of a sweet tooth and has been hanging out with that nice Mr. Sugarbush from down near Pepperwood grove and they have been seen out on Shady Lane a few times...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 5, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #6910591

I don't know what to think! I just hope Dolly turns up safe and well soon. Has anyone checked the woodshed or the sunflower patch?

A fresh pot of coffee to keep us going! ...

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2009
5:03 PM

Post #6910629

You know Zany people do get quieter when they have something to hide or be ashamed of? Perhaps I am closer to the truth than you know. Doubt she is in the sunflower patch as it is quite hot and sure she wouldn't last in there long.
think I'll pour a cuppa and give this more thought?
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2009
6:07 PM

Post #6910834

Well, you'll never guess what I just heard! While Milky Joe was doing late night clean-up, she noticed Madame W's locker was open so she peeked inside...and guess what she found? Milky Joe found the same paper and string that the mysterious package was tied up with!
Also, after chatting with the cousin and seeing the photograph he said he wasn't able to get a license number but the shady characters looked like this http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6905647 !!!
maybe it has something to do with Mr. Sugarbush? Maybe he isn't as sweet as we thought!?! Or MAYBE Madame W and Sugarbush are in it together!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2009
6:16 PM

Post #6910861

And I don't know...that Mr. Sugarbush looks a bit suspicious to me...

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 5, 2009
7:10 PM

Post #6911083

Madame Woodsy has the mysterious package and those angry looking strangers are the ones seen giving money to Dolly for it? Now Dolly is missing and Mr sugarbush is out there lurking about. I am getting more nervous about her absence by the minute.

Do you think we should peep into that package in Madame Woodsy's locker? Maybe uproot Mr. Sugarbush and question him?

Oh Dear! Someone just left a note on my door !

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2009
10:23 PM

Post #6911737

Oh gosh! Now theres a note!

What we need to figure out is: What is so important thats in the package? And: If Dolly gave it to the strangers, how did Madame Woodsy get hold of it? Also: Where does the ever suspicious Mr Sugarbush fit in?

We need help here... Candee, Terri, where are you???
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
12:10 AM

Post #6912108

Ahh HA! Mr Sugarbush does look VERY shady!
Zany, you must be beside yourself with worry, especially after that dreadful note!
Has anyone phoned the police?

Where's Plantgeek when we need her? hope she hasn't got herself involved in all this!!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 6, 2009
4:24 AM

Post #6913069

I fear the police do not take my concerns seriously. They implied that Dolly was a low priority since she just a silly country gal who "probably just ran off with a salesman" I showed them the note but they said she probably just left it herself as a joke! So I think we are going to have to puzzle this one out on our own.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
11:50 AM

Post #6913550

First of all I think those thugs are setting up Madame Woodsy, she is much too elegant to be involved with these riff raff shady characters. But in an effort to convince all of you she is not involved, I again confronted her out by the wood chipper. I knew she would tell nothing but the truth. Madame said that she had unlocked her locker to get her high heels, she doesn't like to walk all the way here in them and she forgot and left it open. That is perhaps when Dolly snuck in and planted the package in her locker. I asked Madame to show it to me and she said when she returned at the end of her shift last night the package was gone?
Now this is really peculiar, when I was leaving I saw Milky Joe out by the sunflower patch and he was whispering - appeared to be by herself, but she was obviously speaking to someone and I think she said "don't worry, nobody saw you"???
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 6, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #6913996

At this point I don't know if Madame is being framed or not but if she is I can't believe it is Dolly doing it. How could she have planted the package when she gave it to the men in the car? Do you think that Steven night be playing a joke on all of us and gotten Madame and Dolly in on it with him? Or am I just letting myself be overly suspicious of everyone?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
2:36 PM

Post #6914078

So Milky Joe is in the frame now too? Ok has anyone checked Steven's house, Dolly might be in there!!!!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
2:56 PM

Post #6914175

I know for a fact that Steven is shy of fire so he would never have written a ransom note like that. As far as giving the package to the men in the car, if Dolly is in cahoots with those sleezy characters than I am sure they could have set all that up just for show. I think the only conspiracy going on here is just what I suggested. I think Dolly is in up to her ears in debt, I heard she was about to lose her apartment and has been sleeping over at the cafe on occasion. I bet that Madame caught her and read her the riot act and that is why she has it in for her! I think the package is full of sugar, spice and everything nice that we have been missing in the kitchen and I'll bet she is getting a pretty penny for it with those two smugglers. I think Mr. Sugarbush is the front man.
I bet if we could get elle in here or plantgeek with some farm equipment we could graze that sunflower patch and find Dolly in no time!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
3:03 PM

Post #6914203

GRAZE the Sunflower patch? Do you know how much work has gone into creating the sunflower patch????
Anyway I thought you said it would be too hot in there for Dolly!!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
3:07 PM

Post #6914220

As a matter of FACT, How do you know Steven is shy of fire?
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
3:14 PM

Post #6914242

Well that was a while ago when I thought she was an innocent bystander. I think now that she continues to move around in there and doesn't stay in the same spot for long. Likely just settles down at night when the sun goes down. And now that makes sense since she apparently doesn't have a place to stay.
One night when nobody was around I started a little campfire out back of the cafe to toast some marshallows for s'mores and almost immediately Steven ran across the street and started giving me holy heck on the dangers of fire and told me of a time when he was puttin out a small grease fire in the kitchen and got a bit too close and his handkerchief caught fire and burned two fingers severely. He fully recovered, but has never messed around with fire again! And so that is how I know!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
3:16 PM

Post #6914248

Nobody move ... stay where you are !!!!!!!!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
3:25 PM

Post #6914281

Okay, Steven get in here and interrogate these culprits. Terri is holding them captive in the broom closet and has been screaming for you to get over here. Terri, don't get yourself in the line of fire cause both of them look pretty hot and fired up over being caught!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
4:51 PM

Post #6914609

help!!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6914615

No help for you you dastardly villan, you are in terri's clutches now and when Steven gets in here you will be likely taken to the compost pile!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
4:56 PM

Post #6914619

Oh, gosh...have we been stuck up? I'm not sure what to do anymore...I don't really want to interrogate them as I chased them off as they were trying to break into my house! Now they tried to hold up the Cafe! I feel they may be trying to frame me! What could they want in my house???

So I feel Madame Woodsy should question them, I'm still not convinced of her loyalty. Maybe she's smuggling the sugar and spice out in her high heels? Madame may be elegant but that doesn't mean she's honest.

I did question Milky Joe though about when she saw Dolly delivering the package but she was pretty tight lipped and didn't say much except when I asked her about Dolly she said "They'll want alot, and thats no small task!". I'm not sure what she meant but we know now that she's involved!

This message was edited Aug 6, 2009 12:12 PM
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
5:06 PM

Post #6914652

Oh no! I just received this note!

It's even more dangerous then the first!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
5:11 PM

Post #6914673

Well if you are convinced that Milky Joe is involved then you can be assured that Dolly is in it with her. They are like 2 peas in a pod! I don't believe a word of the note, they are just trying to threaten us into turning over more goodies and we can't afford to do that. I think that is what she meant by "they'll want a lot". If we fall for this it will never end - we will be blackmailed forever and MAdame will never be able to serve cinnamon in our coco or coffee again. Heaven forbid they find out from Dolly about all of our exotic liquors.
I say we trash both of them and just wait for Dolly to come outta the patch and apologize for getting all of us in an uproar.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
5:22 PM

Post #6914716

I just put them both in the wood chipper. It was no easy task but the Fire Heads will make good mulch on the compost pile.

***ring, ring***

Just got a call from Mr. Sugarbush who said he want's to meet with Terri on behalf of a "Countess Seedpot". He wants Terri to call him to arrange a time to meet at Shady Lane & Willow Crossing.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
5:35 PM

Post #6914782

Oh no way is terri going to meet him or anyone else involved in this scheme.. She shouldn't even return the call and if I were you Steven I would have that call traced, perhaps we can get to the bottom of this shady character. Makes me wonder if he isn't the ringleader what with that name "sugar"bush?
Now are you quite sure they went through the chipper? Hope you didn't have any trouble with them and you are unscathed. Nice work friend, I knew this was a man's job.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
5:50 PM

Post #6914845

Aside from a few yelps they went straight on through the chipper and I put them as mulch on the kale patch.

I agree with you that Terri shouldn't meet with Sugarbush, but since these shady characters seem bent on dealing with us, I hired a go between to not only be our voice but to keep an eye on the Cafe. He traced the call and set up an appointment with Sugarbush at 7:00pm today and he's been instructed to report back to Terri after his meeting.

By the way,
his name is Zulu Warrior and I wouldn't want to mess with him!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #6914915

Well now we are getting somewhere, if anyone can get to the bottom of this mess it would be zulu - he looks meaner that fire and tougher than nails! Good job Steven getting him on the case. I have a feeling that after the meeting this might get resolved, zulu doesn't look like he will leave without answers. I believe Mr. Sugarbush will wind up Mr. Sugarbutt when all is said and done.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 6, 2009
7:25 PM

Post #6915177

Can you believe it! I just got a call from Dolly. She said she is with Gar and will be home as soon as he is feeling better. It seems she got a telegram from his Doctor saying he had taken a nasty fall and would need lots of TLC for a few weeks. The dear girl was so anxious to get there that she left immediately. She said she gave Mr. Sugarbush a letter to deliver to me so I wouldn't worry. Sugarbush took the letter and assured her he'd deliver it right away. Then he gave her a ride to town and saw to it that she caught the midnight bus.

Gar is doing better but was a bit miffed with me at first for not calling him sooner to check on him. LOL Who knew a Troll could be so sensative?

As to all the mysterious strangers and packages she was not much help. She said the two red men had come to the cafe and said there was a package for them to pick up and she would find it under the front counter addressed to M. G. Firestick. She found it and they gave her a ten spot and left. The ten should be in the register under the tray.

She said the package had a "funny odor" but she had no Idea what it contained. And that the two characters gave her the "Heebie Jeebies"

I am relieved Dolly is ok but would sure like to find out what Sugarbush and his friends are up to. We sure don't need that ilk hanging about the Cafe!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #6915268

Hi Zany! So pleased to hear Dolly is safe! Hope Gar recovers from his fall quickly and Dolly can return to work soon! Send our best wishes, next time you speak to her! I checked under the tray in the register and the ten is here!

I'm not meeting Zulu Warrier .. no way!!

I heard the scary couple's cousins are on their way down here,,, they have a large family!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
8:08 PM

Post #6915331

Terri, Zulu Warrior is coming to the Cafe, at least thats what he said. He's a bodygaurd/private eye and I paid him with the wages that were docked from Madame W. So he can give us a report and defend us from the scary couple's cousins!

It's really good to hear Dolly is well Zany! And just visiting with Gar. That's really good to hear but who is this Countess Seedpot that Sugarbush appears to be working for? Once we figure out what She and Sugarbush are up to it might give us a clue what the Fireheads wanted, how Milky Joe is involved and what was in the strange smelling brown paper package.

After doing some reasearch I found this recent photo of Seedpot, she looks pretty distressed!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
8:30 PM

Post #6915441

Please Steven!!!!! you meet Zulu Warrier, you know all the ins and outs of the saga!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2009
8:50 PM

Post #6915513

Ok he's supposed to come and report at 7.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009
9:50 PM

Post #6915728

What time is it now?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 6, 2009

Post #6916193

I'm sure that clock in the kichen has stopped!
Good luck Steven! lets hope this guy Zulu has some ideas!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2009
1:21 AM

Post #6916512

Nice clock Terri!

It's now 8:52 pm and I just finished getting the report from Zulu. What he figured out is that Mr. Sugarbush is actualy an agent working for The Countess Seedpot and has been comissioned to find a highly valuable item that was stolen from the Countess.
This valuable item is apparently a very old family heirloom and thus must be in the package and has a "funny odor" as Dolly mentioned. As of yet we do not know how Dolly came to possess this package but she gave it to the scary couple(hired by Mr. Sugarbush) in exchange for 10$. However the package somehow came back to the Cafe and ended up in Madame W's locker. After Sugarbush realized Dolly knew about the package he made sure she was out of town and on the midnight bus to Gar's place.

So that's what I learned from Zulu and he pointed out theres still a few things we need to know.
They are:

1How is Milky Joe involved and who was she talking to at the sunflower patch when she said "don't worry, nobody saw you"???

2What did Milky Joe mean when she said "They'll want alot, and thats no small task!"???

3What is in the package and how did it end up back in Madame's locker???

4Where is the package now?

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 7, 2009
4:14 AM

Post #6917377

Then you think it is Milky Joe or accomplice that made those horrid notes? Were they trying to take advantage of Dolly's leaving town to scare someone to give the package back? And are you certain Sugarbush is a good guy and not in cahoots with the others? I'm still not sure of him since he whooshed Dolly away and then didn't give me her note or tell me she was ok.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 7, 2009
11:14 AM

Post #6917809

Hi everyone!
Steven, it sounds like the meeting went quite well. At least we know some of the actual facts now.
I find it hard to believe our Milky Joe is involved in sending the notes!
Could it be that she was meeting someone to collect her finest ingredients for our shakes? I know she uses spices and special vanilla pods from exotic places, maybe that was what she meant when she said 'nobody saw you' down on the sunflower patch.

My SIL Flowertips has arrived to stay for the weekend! Will call back later !
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2009
7:31 PM

Post #6919417

I think I have it figured out.
The countess lost her heirloom floral/herbal bracelet in the cafe at our last dance the night away for which I was not present.
Milky Joe found the bracelet and gave it to Dolly who began wearing it thinking it was a gift.
The countess hired Mr. Sugarbush to retrieve her prize possession.
Mr. Sugarbush spotted Dolly down by the sunflower patch and about scared the daylights outta her telling her to get the bracelet wrapped up so it could be returned via UPS to the countess.
Dolly got Madame (who played innocent with me) to wrap the package and then Dolly gave it to Milky Joe who gave it to the red hotheaded fellows.
MAdame became jealous because she always wanted a bracelet just like that so she got Milky Joe to switch the packages at the last minute and she put the real package in her locker.
Milkly Joe was actually talking to Madame when he said, "don't worry nobody saw you" She also told Madame that "they will want a lot" meaning when they find out about the switcharoo!
After you met with zulu Steven I called him for a late night meeting. He was tired but remembered more and gave me the hint about Madam. I confronted Madame again and made her cough up the package. Steven, you now have my permission to take her to the chipper and she fully understands because she was so deceptive we just can't have her around. Must apologize for chipping those 2 fellows, but they are the ones who wrote the threatening notes so guess they got what they deserved for scaring everyone.
I got the package from the locker and opened it and no wonder it was so valuable and sought after!
Glad I got this resolved before going to the cabin.
Did I forget any loose ends?

Thumbnail by haighr

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2009
7:47 PM

Post #6919476

Hmm Zany...I'm still not sure about Sugarbush either...or whats in this package Seedpot is after.
I'm suspecting Milky Joe and Sugarbush may be using the package to blackmail The Countess in return for those special exotic vanilla pods.

I just received a message from Zulu! It looks like Terri was right! This is what he say's:

"After looking into the history of this mysterious Countess I discovered she spends most of her time in a remote province on the south seas and lives at an old family retreat called Vanilla House. Also, along with Vanilla House comes one of the oldest, rarest and most dangerously coveted collections of exotic blue vanilla orchid vines. The Countess has several deep secrets very close to her and is often the target of blackmailers due to her possessing this rare collection."
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2009
7:55 PM

Post #6919504

Wow, so this doesn;t have to do with The Countesses blue orchids after all! What a releaf! Phew, so it looks like Milky Joe won't be going to the chipper and Madame will!

Are we going to need to hire a new staff? And hold interviews?

Cause who's going to trust Milky Joe now? I guess we still have Dolly...maybe she could take Madame's place along with Miss Bruggie as the new senior Hostess?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 8, 2009
4:21 AM

Post #6921421

Oh my! Being a bleeding heart liberal I would like to beg for mercy on behalf of Madame. She has been wonderful help in the past and I think we can reform her if we try. Dolly is home now and is just bawling at the thought of Madame in the chipper. Do you think maybe we could put her on probation and maybe just make sure she is watched for awhile? Maybe have her do some community service work at the local shelter? Dolly said she would even be willing to have her stay with her for a while and she would keep an eye on her.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 8, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #6922515

hi all
what going on?
went to the fair last night
had a great time
saw all the animal like we never see them
all is good here
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 8, 2009
4:49 PM

Post #6922764

Hi Elle. Don't you just love a Fair. I like strolling through the animal pens and watching the judging. The Chickens and Pigs are always my favorites. Do you have animals that you show?

It has been a bit slow here at the cafe but we entertained ourselves with a bit of a mystery. Steven makes a great sleuth.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

August 9, 2009
1:56 PM

Post #6925687

Hey y'all. Holy crap, did I miss all the hoohah or what! Sorry, been exploring the Amazon Basin for tail of tapir, poison dart frog warts and other things I can't reveal without a lawyer. lol
So, I take it Madame Woodsy has been naughty. I'll just whip out my wand thingy and re-wire her neurons so she won't ever think about going to the dark side. No need for the chipper.
Steven, welcome back. Lovely Zulu fellow. We better keep him around
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2009

Post #6926497

Hi everyone!

Good to see you back Plantgeek. Thanks so much for re-wiring Madame Woodsy!
I was actually greeted with a smile and 'good evening Terri' It's Great to have the nice Woodsy back.. LoL!
Can you fix Milky Joe too?, she has been good for many a shake in the past!!!

elle, here's a new teapot for you, hope you like it!
Nice you went to a fair and getting a chance to relax a bit.

It's been a nice warm weekend here, we even had a bbq!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 9, 2009
5:54 PM

Post #6926518

hi all
no we just have a fram
my hb raise rabbit for meat
goat milk and meat we hope
my chicken for egg and sell the rest
went i get up and go out to feed
it good to talk to all my animal
well it time for work
one of these i wont be going out to work
we hope i can stay home
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 9, 2009
10:08 PM

Post #6927481

Whew! Dolly is so relieved that Madame has undergone rehab and the chipper can be used by the gardener instead of the executioner.

We just came in from Town where we joined my Brother and my Mother for a feast at the Sizzler. I over did it at the salad bar and am now sitting with my pants unbuttoned at the waist.

Just after we sat down a nice looking gentleman came over and shook my hand. He asked how I've been and if everything was going well at work. I in turn asked how he was doing and having noticed he was with a large group that had just sung both Happy birthday and Happy anniversary to someone in the group I asked who was being honored. It was his Grandmother (just 91 years young) and his Brother and sister in laws 20th. He rejoined his group and My mother asked "who was that?" My quick reply with a shrug was "I have no idea" LOL it happens more and more often these days.

The memory that handles facial recognition is in some part of my brain that seems to have taken an early retirement. I don't feel embarrased or frustrated by it anymore. I just smile and act like I am delighted to see the person. As long as I son't try to make any introductions I can get by with it. Luckily the rest of my group were in the middle of a conversation and it was unnecessary to introduce them. One of these days I am sure to be caught out and the rest of the world will realize I have no clue who ANYONE is.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2009
10:25 PM

Post #6927546

Hi Zany , sounds like you had a good meal, lol with your pants.
You must have one of those friendly faces!

Sunflower number 1 Zany is flowering nicely!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 10, 2009

Post #6927888

Whoo Whoooo! That Zany sunflower is looking great! Are you going to harvest them or leave them for the birds?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2009
12:32 AM

Post #6927979

I have cut a few, the ones that have flowered in the raffle that don't have names and elle's!
Think I will leave some for the birds and try to collect some seeds from the biggies for next year.
Shall I leave yours on or give it the snip?

Here we have Number 13 on the left chatting away with number 7 on the right. ! Do you know who they are??? lol.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #6928174

Steven, your sunflower is still going strong. Lots of seeds in it's huge head..lol!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2009
1:19 AM

Post #6928184

Plantgeek, pretty colours!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2009
1:22 AM

Post #6928197

Candee, Lucky 13 you made it to flowering... Yay!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 10, 2009
2:10 AM

Post #6928382

I would love to have the birds feast on mine unless it turns out to be one of the bigger seed heads. If it is one of the bigger ones by all means save the seeds!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2009
2:48 AM

Post #6928500

Ok Zany, hope to get some pictures of the birds feasting, that would be good!
Look who I found at the sunflower patch, climbing up the tallest sunflower today (number 18)
letting her hair down having an adventure!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 10, 2009
5:20 AM

Post #6928982

She looks cute as a doll. LOL
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 10, 2009
11:34 AM

Post #6929378

Guess I didn't quite have this mystery solved hum? Steven guess I gotta get back on this one. Not so sure we should spare Madame, I'll not trust her and don't believe she wants to be reformed!
Zany, I have the same problem with remembering names and faces, but I do the opposite, I simply ask them who they are. "I know you from some place, but don't recall your name" lol, one of the funniest ones is the time about 2 years ago when Steve was in the hospital and I was there and I went down to the nurses' station to get him something and I saw this woman in a white lab coat that looked really familiar and she says to me "Candee what are you doing here", I tell her and then inquire as to how and from where we know each other to which she responds, "I'm your doctor - Laura Henderson"! Now that's bad lol.
elle, are you thinking of finally retiring, I see you mention perhaps you will be staying home soon?
Terri, I may not need #13 after all, mine are really shooting up out by the arbor (for real) and they have no heads on them yet and are already quite tall. Perhaps I could sell #13???
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #6930205

Hi Candee! Sell your sunflower ? OK!! Any takers??? one fine unwanted sunflower for sale... LOL!

Has anyone seen Miss Bruggie today? she's already half an hour late for work! I wonder what's keeping her?, she's normally right on time!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 10, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #6931080

Hi All! Sorry Miss Bruggie was late for work...she had a rough night, there was a nasty storm here. It went from cloudy to nearly pitch dark in a matter of minutes! There was a tornado warning and hail! She's fine though and pulled through with only a shredded leaf or two.

Her cousins are doing well also and 3 out of 4 are going to be blooming! WOOOHOOO!
I'll be posting more pics on their family thread.

Hi Plantgeek! The Amazon sounds exciting! Nicwe to have you back as well :)

Candee, what's not solved about the mystery? Did we miss something??? It got pretty complicated so I guess theres still some loose ends! I agree that I still don't trust Madame...I think someone else should be in charge of the exotic vanilia pods and shake ingredients incase shes the one who was blackmailing the countess.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 10, 2009
7:35 PM

Post #6931085

Oooops...double post!

Terri, What are you plannign for my sunny? Is it staying for the birds or providing seeds for next summers contest?

This message was edited Aug 10, 2009 2:36 PM
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
12:39 AM

Post #6932219

As promised Terri, this one works front and back. lol, thought you would never see my "backside" here at DG lol!
Lets call it myriad of colors

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
12:42 AM

Post #6932230

Here's my other side!

Thumbnail by haighr

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 11, 2009
12:59 AM

Post #6932320

hi all
1 dollar for sunflower
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2009
1:38 AM

Post #6932540

Sorry Candee, you don't have a backside on this one! Beautiful 'all round arrangement' Man, you are good!
Love the smooth tall Iris leaves and all the pretty colours and textures. Thank you, our cafe' gardens do well with your arrangements at this time of year!

Hi Steven, what would you like to do with your sunflower? Good to hear Miss Bruggie made it through the storm!

Hi elle, 1 dollar? ok...

Sunflower 13 Candee for sale . Any advance on elles bid for 1 dollar?

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
2:10 AM

Post #6932708

Terri, lets save some seed for next year and some for the birds :)

I bid 1.01$
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

August 11, 2009
11:55 AM

Post #6933775

My, what sunny faces we all have. lol Great pics Terri, especially the garden adventure.

I put a double whammy on Woodsy. If she thinks about repeating her naughty past, she will instantly turn into a ten-ton Tootsie Pop and be devoured by greedy children. At least that's what she thinks will happen. heheh
As for Milky Jo, we had a long talk after I slipped Lie and Die potion into her drink. She expressed deep remorse for her behavior and promised to never do it again, cross her heart and hope to spend eternity watching re-runs of Dog the Bounty Hunter.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 11, 2009
3:25 PM

Post #6934353

hi all
2 dollar
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2009
4:09 PM

Post #6934571

Whats a Tootsie pop? Hi Plantgeek.

I'll keep your sunflower on for now then, Hi Steven!

2 dollars!! Hi elle!

Candee, do you want to sell for 2 dollars????????

Any advance on 2 dollars? going once ...
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
5:02 PM

Post #6934780

Hi Terri, Plantgeek and Elle!

Now that Plantgeek put a double whammy on Woodsy I feel safe in the Cafe again and Milky Joe can get back to making those shakes!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
6:27 PM

Post #6935119

I was never really scared in the cafe, figured we would outsmart all these characters sooner or later. Nice to have things back to normal.
Hey not so fast with the $2, I am sure my sunny is worth much more than that.
I think Milky Joe has her eye on it for a $5 spot!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

August 11, 2009
6:36 PM

Post #6935150

Hi y'all. A Tootsie Pop is a sucker with chocolate candy in the center. Hey Steve, I brought fresh blackberries for Milky Joe to make shakes with. She does whip up the best. And here are some mangoes, peaches, red raspberries, real vannila beans, and...rummage sounds here...tah dah - hand picked acai berries fresh from South America. What's this? Oh, in case anyone wants to spike their shake, a bottle of dark rum, aged 75 years. Enjoy!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
6:55 PM

Post #6935224

WOOOO! Right on Plantgeek!

Now...where is Milky Joe?...huh...Ah HA! Found here!

"Milky Joe, I'll take one shake made with the 75 Year Old Rum with a few acai berries, real vannila and a touch of mango. But mostly Dark Rum please. Now, I'm not sure what everyone else is having"
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2009
11:24 PM

Post #6936129

I'm sure Dianne will be along soon, now that the cafe' has retuned to normal, so please save some 75 year old rum for her!

If I don't see some dollars on the table soon ...

Well, the sunny I have grown from seed, lovingly fed and watered for months, held her stick when she was falling over ... will be staying with me and the other sunnys for the rest of her days!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 12, 2009
4:18 AM

Post #6937232

Does Ms. Woodsey know how to make a Mango/Rum slush? If so I'll take one with a slash of lemon.

This should cover it for ya Terri.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2009
12:48 PM

Post #6941762

Whoooo hooo I'm RICH!!!!!! lol Thanks Zany!
Candee, do you want to sell for that bundle and do I get a cut????!
Have a lovely time at the east coast, where is it you you going?

I've never heard of a Tootsie pop... LOL!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2009
3:17 PM

Post #6942260

Well it depends terri, what is on the inside of the bundle lol! blank paper??? You are really missing out on the tootsie pop terri, they are lollipops with a tootsie roll center.
We are headed down to Tasha, Mike and Abygails for the weekend and will likely spend Saturday at the beach. Steve can't get in the ocean cause he has a little surgery requiring stiches on his back so has to stay outta the water. I am sure he will be dipping his toes though. I'll take a pic of Ocean City for you!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6942351

oh my! I never thought of that! Well, you wouldn't think Zany would rip us off now would you??? not Zany!!!!

mmm makes me want to try a toostie pop now!

Have a lovely weekend with the family, try to collect some beachy stuff!! There's a theme about the seaside which must include a piece of drifwood, on the horizon... LoL! Have fun my friend xxxxxx Au revoir xxxxxx
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2009
3:40 PM

Post #6942366

Oh trust me I have more driftwood than I can manage now and shells and coral.
I don't think Zany would rip us off, but then where did she get that wad? Oh no, Steven another mystery unravels!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2009
3:49 PM

Post #6942410

... I ...err ... *hick* ... saved some... *hick*...

...rum...

...for... *hick* ... Dianne...

...oh...and have a *hick*...good weeeke..n..d Candeee...eee...

Hmmm? anothher *hick*...myy..stery...???
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2009
4:07 PM

Post #6942461

wake up Steven ... don't you have a home to go to?

Steven's crashed out over there in the corner, didn't even notice he was there earlier!!
guess we had better let him sleep it off, I can't move him... lol.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2009
4:15 PM

Post #6942487

Uhhhhhh UHuuuuuuuhhuuu...what? *groan*
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2009

Post #6942781

The top bill is US currency. The remaining bills are from over 60 different countries. I have no idea of the overall value of the bundle since there are different exchange rates for each of them and rates change constantly. Some are worthless as actual money but may have collectors value like the confederate bill and several from nations that are no longer found on the globe. The denominations vary a great deal as well.

As for the mystery of it... Dolly found this stash of cash in a rusty tin can under her great uncle Cyprus's bed after he passed away from Dutch Elm disease which he picked up during his travels abroad. Cyprus was a drifter who did odd jobs to support himself as he traveled the world and was known to spin yarns to any who would listen. He never put down roots in any place for more than a few months at a time. He was honest (well, mostly honest), but was also a rebel. So he may have done a bit of smuggling over the years and he crossed borders without a passport or visa, saying that he was a free citizen of the world and such things were beneath him.

Can you name the places Cyrus traveled by the bills?

1. U.S.A. is obvious from the top bill.
2. Canada is the bill under it.
3. China

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2009
6:00 PM

Post #6942835

4. Egypt

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2009
6:51 PM

Post #6942956

5. ???

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 13, 2009
6:52 PM

Post #6942959

6. Peru

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2009
3:05 AM

Post #6955112

Hi everyone! We are moving! grab what you can and lets go to 24 Cyber St. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1028020/

Don't forget to stash the cash ZanY!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America