Humana Health Insurance?

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

We have private health insurance due to DH being self-employed. We have been with United Healthcare for the past 5 years and have been very happy with the coverage, but the premiums are killing us. Our insurance man suggested Humana, does anyone have experience with them?
Thanks!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I only recently signed DH up with Humana but only on their prescription policy. He is now eligible for Medicare and I chose United of Omaha for his supplement. Recently enough that I have no experiences to comment on. Sorry.
For years we stuck with Blue Cross (both self employed) and yes, it was costly. DH couldn't change as he had health issues. I had our agent cut me out of DHs' group and write mine in a cheaper group and saved a good amount on mine. At least your agent sounds more helpful than ours was.

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks; yes our guy is very helpful and pro-active.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

As I recall when my parents were looking for the best supplement insurance, I found a lot of comparison info at www.medicare.gov You can compare plans in your area, see whether their plans include medications you take, etc.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I used their site when DH became eligble. It was informative and very easy to use. Not sure Dutchlady1 is there yet in age but can maybe get some insight there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images