Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: A Gnome Home for Your Garden: Gnome Home

Communities > Forums > Article: A Gnome Home for Your Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Gnome Home for Your GardenReplies: 2, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Jeanniegardener
Lisle, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2009
4:18 AM

Post #6766730

Hi Larry, I am not sure yet who is inhabiting my Hosta Garden (besides the slugs), but every few days I get some clues. I have been keeping a journal for a few weeks and sharing it via email with Great nieces and nephews. They offer very helpful suggestions. I would send more photos, but it only seems to allow me one.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 10:19 PM

Thumbnail by Jeanniegardener
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Jeanniegardener
Lisle, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2009
4:24 AM

Post #6766742

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear Sarah, Jessica, Rose, Trent, Theresa, James, Maggie , Elliot, Oliver, Zoe, Alice, Owen, Claire, and Devlin,

We have been having a very rainy spring here in Illinois. Because of the rainy days, we haven't been out in the gardens as much as usual. The fascinating thing about this is that the little folk who live in the garden must be feeling very safe. They are becoming less careful about leaving evidence. The "signs" are enchanting...

Early last evening I slipped out the back door and into the garden while the skies were taking a short break from raining. I began my tour of the gardens like usual, stooping over to pull out a weed here and smell a flower there. I reached the hosta garden under the big Ash tree and noticed something that looked like the start of a wee little pathway.

At first glance I thought it might be from a chipmunk digging in the soil, but it was not a hole. Then I thought it might be from a slug, making it's way to dine on the Hosta leaves, but it wasn't slimey. It was about two fingers wide and three feet long. I didn't see the length straight off, because it was partially hidden by the hosta leaves.

As I bent down to get a closer look, I saw there were two sets of little boot prints - about the size of the tip of your pinky finger - right there where the path disappeared under one of the Hosta leaves. I dashed into the house to look for my camera, but by the time I found it, it had begun to rain again and the little bootprints had been washed away.

Who do you think they could be?

Love,
Aunt Jeannie
LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2009
6:27 PM

Post #6777328

Thanks for sharing, Jeannie! :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Gnome Home for Your Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
re gnome house. ctmorris 5 Jun 2, 2009 4:33 PM
Gnome Birdyard 4 Dec 24, 2010 8:46 PM
Just lovely, soive2000 1 Jun 2, 2009 5:42 PM
Gnome plants EleanorZRuch 1 Jun 1, 2009 8:31 PM
No gnomes, just elves meezersfive 5 Apr 19, 2012 6:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America