The Holy Land

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

We are planning a trip to the Holy Land next September 2010. We will be visiting numerous ports with embarkation from Rome. We will stop at Alexandria and Port Said. Which port is the best one to take the excursion to the pyramids?
Which port would best suit an excursion to the museums in Cairo?
Any information from someone who has been on a cruise to the Holy Land welcome as well as all other input.
Thanks,
Candee

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I hope someone who has done this trip sees this and responds. I guess from what I am reading that the best thing is to do the overnight excursion while in port and that encompasses seeing the pyramids at night and then the museum with King Tut and then a day excursion back to the pyramids after a breakfast cruise on the Nile.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

bump, still hoping someone has gone before me.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Bumping this again in the hopes somebody has travelled the Holy Land and Mediterranean?
Candee

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

We booked all the excursions yesterday from the overnight in Cairo - the Dead Sea, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Bahai Shrine in Haifa, Grotto of Revelation in Patmos, terrace houses in Ephesus and Best of Santorini. Hope someone who has had this trip experience comes in with some tips.

Ashland City, TN

I have lived in Jerusalem for a year but didn't get to take a cruise...would love to do that!! I love the Mediterranean.

I would love to do the El Camino Santiago Pilgrimage. The Way of Saint James, Walking to Santiago de Compostela, Pilgrimage in Northern Spain but that will have to wait until I am out of debt again...who knows when that will be! Please post photos when you do your trip!! Our year in Jerusalem was a beautiful experience...enjoy!

rio rancho, NM(Zone 7a)

I've never been to the Holy Land, so I'm sorry I have no info for you, but I have walked the Camino about 7? years ago. Walked 450 miles across northern Spain. I went by myself and it took about a month and I met many people from all over the world along the way. Life changing for sure.

I'd love to hear more about some of the spiritual relevances of the Holy Land trip.

Ashland City, TN

Wow...I can't believe I have actually talked to someone who has walked some of the Camino! Do you have any photos?

My hubby and I went to Jerusalem to serve with an organization that helped with clothing, housing, food for those in Jerusalem who were in need. We went just at the intafada (misspelled I'm sure) started...we lay in our bed in Germany (on our way to Jerusalem) and watched the beginning of the intafada on the news. We just sort of looked at each other and said, "well, if it's our time to go..."

I'll try to post photos. We met many wonderful people - people who live in Jerusalem - both sides. We saw a lot of sadness from the meanness of those who placed bombs anywhere they thought they could kill someone. We saw a lot of people come together for peace - both sides. Such a spiritual place for such unspiritual behavior. But all in all it was a wonderful year and we got to see places that have very special spiritual meaning.

I'd love to see some of your photos of your trip on the Camino and hear some spiritual relevances you found along the way also.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is a link to our photos, I made a nice slideshow with music. This was a trip of a lifetime as we saw everything from the Colisseum, Roman Forum, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, Masada, the Dead Sea, the Sphinx and pyramids (I climbed into Cheops), Nazareth, Jerusalem, the Acropolis and Parthenon, the greek islands, Bahai Shrine, Turkey and carpet weaving and more.

http://haigh.phanfare.com/4830318

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Wonderful photos. Looks like you had a marvelous time!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

It was fabulous, thanks for looking Mary.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.